Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default A/C problems

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:38:48 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:48:09 -0700, shannonjafolis wrote:

I am having a problem with A/C unit at home. WHen I cut it on it will
come on and cool the house, but the thermostat temp does not go down
causing the unit to run contstanly. Any ideas what the problem is????

Did it ever work correctly?

YOu took the words out of my mouth (or made duplicate words).

Also, OP, do you mean that the room gets colder than you want it, than
you feel you set it for?

Can you turn the temperature setting up
manually and shut the AC off? If the answer is yes to both then you may
need a new thermostat.