Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe Jones Moe Jones is offline

Default A/C problems

Oren wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:48:09 -0700, wrote:

I am having a problem with A/C unit at home. WHen I cut it on it
will come on and cool the house, but the thermostat temp does not go
down causing the unit to run contstanly. Any ideas what the problem
is????

Thanks

One thing you can check. Look behind the T-stat and see if there is a
*larger than necessary" hole for the wire. Hot air in the wall cavity
can adversely affect the T-stat. Patch the hole so just the wire
extends out the wall.

...2 cents...

You are so right. I have seen this for a number of years in the past.

--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician