Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure Washers

Hello All, I'm a newbie here so I figured I might as well jump in.
Has anyone heard of an air compressor driven pressure washer? A friend
of mine said yes, but he couldn't remember where he saw it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello All, I'm a newbie here so I figured I might as well jump in.
Has anyone heard of an air compressor driven pressure washer? A friend
of mine said yes, but he couldn't remember where he saw it.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...70_11991_11991

Remember you get what you pay for! I just paid $299 for a real pressure
washer. This product might be good for very light cleaning but not much
else.

Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair

Six Flags uses them to clean the streets.

--
"Anybody can have more birthdays, but it takes balls to get old!"

BetsyB

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello All, I'm a newbie here so I figured I might as well jump in.
Has anyone heard of an air compressor driven pressure washer? A friend
of mine said yes, but he couldn't remember where he saw it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Remember you get what you pay for! I just paid $299 for a real pressure
washer. This product might be good for very light cleaning but not much
else.

Rich, what did you buy? I am in the market for one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 13, 4:44 pm, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:
Remember you get what you pay for! I just paid $299 for a real pressure
washer. This product might be good for very light cleaning but not much
else.

Rich, what did you buy? I am in the market for one.

Morning Charles, I saw a Briggs&Stratten on Amazon (Briggs and
Stratton 2,050 PSI Clean Shot Pressure Washer #20206) for ~$180.
Sounds almost too good.

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
. ..

Remember you get what you pay for! I just paid $299 for a real pressure
washer. This product might be good for very light cleaning but not much
else.

Rich, what did you buy? I am in the market for one.

I bought a Troy-Bilt. It failed after one use. The soap won't pick up any
more. These are sold with the Troy-Bilt name on them but are seviced by
Briggs and Stratton (unknown to me until I had a problem). Stay away from
Troy-Bilt. I don't know what I'm going to buy next after I take this dud
back tonight. Kercher?

Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Mar 14, 9:45 am, "Rich" wrote:
"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

. ..

Remember you get what you pay for! I just paid $299 for a real pressure
washer. This product might be good for very light cleaning but not much
else.

Rich, what did you buy? I am in the market for one.

I bought a Troy-Bilt. It failed after one use. The soap won't pick up any
more. These are sold with the Troy-Bilt name on them but are seviced by
Briggs and Stratton (unknown to me until I had a problem). Stay away from
Troy-Bilt. I don't know what I'm going to buy next after I take this dud
back tonight. Kercher?

Rich

I've got a Troy-Bilt. Thought my soap pickup didn't work either until
I re-read the book. It works fine when I followed the instructions,
and I have had no problems with it at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 14, 9:45 am, "Rich" wrote:
[...]

I followed the instructions that say use the black tip when you want to
dispense soap. I did that and I still have problems. Maybe I just got a dud?
I took the fitting off that the soap tube goes to and inside that where the
hole is that would allow the soap to go in is a gray piece of plastic that
may or may not need to be there? I don't know where that plastic is when the
unit is powered and has water pressure from the hose though. Which model do
you have? I have the 2500PSI with the Honda engine.

Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Mar 14, 12:08 pm, "Rich" wrote:
"Red" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Mar 14, 9:45 am, "Rich" wrote:
"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

m...

[...]

Rich- Hide quoted text -

Mine is the 2450PSI model, about 2 years old. It has one adjustable
tip rather than replaceable ones. It will only syphon & spray
detergent at low pressure. The nozzle has a low pressure setting that
the book calls for. However, I have found that detergent is rarely
necessary since the high pressure settings in a fan pattern is more
than sufficient to clean most surfaces. High pressure settings in a
narrow stream will allow you to carve your initials in your deck
posts!

Red

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com,
"Red" wrote:

I have found that detergent is rarely necessary

After the purchase of my 2400 psi, Honda-powered (6.5hp) washer, I did a
little experiment on my deck in preparation for staining.

I bought a gallon of expensive Deck Wash concentrate. The jug pictured a user
with a little, electric-powered washer - appropriately so.

I treated half of the deck with the deck wash solution and the other without
it.

Conclusion: At 2400 psi, detergent is irrelevant.
--

JR

No project too small
All projects too big

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Redelfs wrote:
I treated half of the deck with the deck wash solution and the other without
it.

Conclusion: At 2400 psi, detergent is irrelevant.

I've never bothered with detergent with mine either. The pressure and the water
does just fine alone.

Now, I am curious about one thing: I clean the vinyl siding on my house the
same way with excellent results. I'm curious if using a bleach mixture might
keep the green crap from coming back as quickly? I don't think I should have to
do this every year.

As an aside, I just read a newspaper stuffer from Big Lots: they've got a 2400
psi Honda engined Karcher pressure washer for $250. It's a refurbished model
but I think it's a hell of a deal. I paid a good $400 for my Generac and it
doesn't have a Honda engine.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
Jim Redelfs wrote:
I treated half of the deck with the deck wash solution and the other
without
it.

Conclusion: At 2400 psi, detergent is irrelevant.

I've never bothered with detergent with mine either. The pressure and the
water does just fine alone.

Now, I am curious about one thing: I clean the vinyl siding on my house
the same way with excellent results. I'm curious if using a bleach
mixture might keep the green crap from coming back as quickly? I don't
think I should have to do this every year.

As an aside, I just read a newspaper stuffer from Big Lots: they've got a
2400 psi Honda engined Karcher pressure washer for $250. It's a
refurbished model but I think it's a hell of a deal. I paid a good $400
for my Generac and it doesn't have a Honda engine.

If it is the G 2500 VH, Sam's Club has the same thing new, for the same
price. The service return items at big lots scare me- too many chances of a
lemon. Unless it is a cheap item, or a hell of a price discount, my time is
worth more than that.

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Redelfs writes:

In article .com,
"Red" wrote:

I have found that detergent is rarely necessary

After the purchase of my 2400 psi, Honda-powered (6.5hp) washer, I did a
little experiment on my deck in preparation for staining.

I bought a gallon of expensive Deck Wash concentrate. The jug pictured a user
with a little, electric-powered washer - appropriately so.

I treated half of the deck with the deck wash solution and the other without
it.

Conclusion: At 2400 psi, detergent is irrelevant.

The situation is no different at 1750 PSI with an electric.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Mar 14, 11:01 pm, wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 21:41:36 -0400, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote:
Now, I am curious about one thing: I clean the vinyl siding on my house the
same way with excellent results. I'm curious if using a bleach mixture might
keep the green crap from coming back as quickly? I don't think I should have to
do this every year.

I bet a sealer will stop the green crap. As long as the siding traps s
tiny bit of moisture it will turn green

The green crap comes from lack of uv light from the sun to kill it.
Meaning it's on the north side of the house and/or the result of a lot
of shade.

Pressure Washers? Paul Hutchings UK diy 29 March 29th 05 06:22 PM
Pressure washers Broadback UK diy 1 January 4th 05 12:57 PM
Pressure washers eddie UK diy 5 December 15th 04 01:07 AM
pressure washers rich a. Home Repair 12 October 2nd 04 02:42 PM