Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default Pressure Washers

On Mar 14, 12:08 pm, "Rich" wrote:
"Red" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Mar 14, 9:45 am, "Rich" wrote:
"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

m...

Remember you get what you pay for! I just paid $299 for a real
pressure
washer. This product might be good for very light cleaning but not
much
else.

Rich, what did you buy? I am in the market for one.

I bought a Troy-Bilt. It failed after one use. The soap won't pick up any
more. These are sold with the Troy-Bilt name on them but are seviced by
Briggs and Stratton (unknown to me until I had a problem). Stay away from
Troy-Bilt. I don't know what I'm going to buy next after I take this dud
back tonight. Kercher?

Rich

I've got a Troy-Bilt. Thought my soap pickup didn't work either until
I re-read the book. It works fine when I followed the instructions,
and I have had no problems with it at all.

I followed the instructions that say use the black tip when you want to
dispense soap. I did that and I still have problems. Maybe I just got a dud?
I took the fitting off that the soap tube goes to and inside that where the
hole is that would allow the soap to go in is a gray piece of plastic that
may or may not need to be there? I don't know where that plastic is when the
unit is powered and has water pressure from the hose though. Which model do
you have? I have the 2500PSI with the Honda engine.

Rich- Hide quoted text -

Mine is the 2450PSI model, about 2 years old. It has one adjustable
tip rather than replaceable ones. It will only syphon & spray
detergent at low pressure. The nozzle has a low pressure setting that
the book calls for. However, I have found that detergent is rarely
necessary since the high pressure settings in a fan pattern is more
than sufficient to clean most surfaces. High pressure settings in a
narrow stream will allow you to carve your initials in your deck
posts!

Red