Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default Pressure Washers

Jim Redelfs wrote:
I treated half of the deck with the deck wash solution and the other without
it.

Conclusion: At 2400 psi, detergent is irrelevant.

I've never bothered with detergent with mine either. The pressure and the water
does just fine alone.

Now, I am curious about one thing: I clean the vinyl siding on my house the
same way with excellent results. I'm curious if using a bleach mixture might
keep the green crap from coming back as quickly? I don't think I should have to
do this every year.

As an aside, I just read a newspaper stuffer from Big Lots: they've got a 2400
psi Honda engined Karcher pressure washer for $250. It's a refurbished model
but I think it's a hell of a deal. I paid a good $400 for my Generac and it
doesn't have a Honda engine.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com