eddie

Default Pressure washers

Hi
I would like to know if you can hire one of those powerfull pressure washers
to clean my paving slabs I was going to buy one from B&Q but a pal tells me
that they are not powerfull enough has anyone hired one and are they good...
Thanks from Eddie...

Harvey Van Sickle

On 13 Dec 2004, eddie wrote

Hi
I would like to know if you can hire one of those powerfull
pressure washers to clean my paving slabs I was going to buy one
from B&Q but a pal tells me that they are not powerfull enough has
anyone hired one and are they good...

I bought a cheapie one (40-pounds-ish), and am entirely happy with it -
- does a great job for small-scale occasional jobs. (Things like
cleaning off slabs, concrete paths, a deck, etc., once or twice a
eyar.)

The only reason I'd consider hiring (or buying) an industrial-strength
one would be if I was going to use it solidly -- day after day, hour
after hour -- or if I had industrial-strength oil and grease to clear.

--
Cheers,
Harvey
Lurch

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:44:20 +0000 (UTC), "eddie"
strung together this:

I would like to know if you can hire one of those powerfull pressure washers
to clean my paving slabs

Yes, go to Domindos or HSS etc... Look in the yellow pages for hire
shops.

I was going to buy one from B&Q but a pal tells me
that they are not powerfull enough

They are, they might not last for years but they will clean a patio.
--

SJW
John

In article ,
"eddie" wrote:

Hi
I would like to know if you can hire one of those powerfull pressure washers
to clean my paving slabs I was going to buy one from B&Q but a pal tells me
that they are not powerfull enough has anyone hired one and are they good...

I bought one from B&Q 2 weeks ago -- they'd got them down to "my price"
(27.95 - yes). It's only little, and its hose is too short I find (it's
3m and I decided it could do with being 6m). But for the money it's
tremendous. It easily returned my patio to pale grey, from being
green-black for the last few years. It leaves a very streaky effect if
you don't work methodically. Does a terrific job on rinsing the car too,
but it is *NOT* a substitute for the sponge and shampoo: rinse, sponge,
rinse = bloody shiny car.

j.
Dave

Hi Eddie

Having spent 25 years in the pressure washer game I may be able to
help!

The DIY stuff has high pressure but no flow and will take ages to do
anything. Typical flow 6 litres/min as opposed to 10/12 litres/min for
a 'real' machine.

Hire a decent one, it will do the job in half the time with better
results. If you can, also hire a 'surf' cleaner to go with it. Sort
of rotary head that covers a 12" path - faster with less mess.

BTW cheap pressure washers use universal motors with a total run life
of 10 - 12 hours!!!!

Dave