rich a.

Default pressure washers

Hello,

Occasionally, I could use a gas engine pressure washer at rural
jobsites where there are no water spigots to hook up to. Does anyone
know if there are pressure washers made which can suck feed water from
a 30 or 50 gallon drum? Would placing the drum up in the bed of a
pickup truck be high enough to provide enough feed pressure? Any
advice and / or info will be appreciated. Thanks.

Rich A.

Playintennis5274

you'll have no problem using your idea just keep your water source (drum) above
your pump. Annd, DON'T reduce the the intake fitting from the manufacturer's
spec's. I would do two things though. . . 1st. use at least 100gal. tank or two
55gal drums. 2nd if your going to use the pump more than once a week, pay the
xtra and get a good pump. Like cat or admiral, general. NOT home depots. I do
repair on pressure washers ands you can't get rebuild kits for those pumps.
and they don't last if yyyou work em hard.
m Ransley

NO,--- you need a feed punp to get 3-5 gpm at 40 lb minimum

Playintennis5274

what the hell are talking about? ? ? you don't need a feed pump ! ! Hey
brainiac... if your water source is above your pump inlet it's called gravity
fed. Call cat or general and ask them. You moron
Playintennis5274

and FIY, what do you think happens whun a plunger pump forces liquid out ? ?
We call that a vaccuum which the draws more liquid.

Bulletsnbrains

A friend of mine is sort of an inventor/ tinkerer. Check out his web site
and contact him if it sounds right for you. Get his details for self
contained pump/pressure sprayers.

http://www.hoepker.us/pumps.html

Luck,
Brian

"rich a." wrote in message
om...
Hello,

Occasionally, I could use a gas engine pressure washer at rural
jobsites where there are no water spigots to hook up to. Does anyone
know if there are pressure washers made which can suck feed water from
a 30 or 50 gallon drum? Would placing the drum up in the bed of a
pickup truck be high enough to provide enough feed pressure? Any
advice and / or info will be appreciated. Thanks.

Rich A.

Stormin Mormon

The one time I tried this, I was using my electric pressure washer ($98 from
Home Depot) to move water that my Dad's sump pump was dumping on the lawn.
Long story.

I had to get a watering tin and pour some water into the suction line, it
was not self priming.

Yes, from a truck bed to the ground oughta work fine. If the faucet is off
the side or bottom of the tank, not trying to siphon up adn over.

Some pressure washers turn off if the inlet pressure is lower than 25 PSI to
protect the pump. Mine, I closed the water facuet one time adn it kept
running. Cheep pump.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"rich a." wrote in message
om...
Hello,

Occasionally, I could use a gas engine pressure washer at rural
jobsites where there are no water spigots to hook up to. Does anyone
know if there are pressure washers made which can suck feed water from
a 30 or 50 gallon drum? Would placing the drum up in the bed of a
pickup truck be high enough to provide enough feed pressure? Any
advice and / or info will be appreciated. Thanks.

Rich A.

Playintennis5274

in a gas engine after the exhaust gas is... no here's a better example, any
centriguel ( i know i spelled wrong) pump when liquid is forced out of the
impeller housing more liquid is drawn in to replace the old. Vaccuum

...Vacuum does not draw liquid. Atmospheric pressure does. With a
gravity feed system on the bed of a truck you can at best expect
he equivalent of 15 psi of push...

A foot of water makes 0.433 psi, so you might get 15 psi
from a 55 gallon drum that's 15/0.433 = 35' tall :-)

Nick