Posted to alt.home.repair
al al is offline

Default How much time can elapse to top coat after priming?

I primed exterior trim over 4 months ago but did not get to apply top
coat due to knee surgery - have been restricted from using stairs,
ladders, etc. I used oil primer/sealer on wood that I did lots of
patching on and Kilz premium on the rest. Should I apply another coat
of primer before top coat after this length of time?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"al" wrote in message
ups.com...
I primed exterior trim over 4 months ago but did not get to apply top
coat due to knee surgery - have been restricted from using stairs,
ladders, etc. I used oil primer/sealer on wood that I did lots of
patching on and Kilz premium on the rest. Should I apply another coat
of primer before top coat after this length of time?

Should be OK if it is clean

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7 Mar 2007 06:46:34 -0800, "al" wrote:

I primed exterior trim over 4 months ago but did not get to apply top
coat due to knee surgery - have been restricted from using stairs,
ladders, etc. I used oil primer/sealer on wood that I did lots of
patching on and Kilz premium on the rest. Should I apply another coat
of primer before top coat after this length of time?

Thanks.

imho,

If the primer looks good, adhering to the surface, then its doing its
job. Now to make the paint adhere to the primer, I would ensure the
primer it very clean. Wiped down, etc.

Might want to check primer/paint instructions for further advice.

later,

tom @ www.Mesothelioma-Lawyers-List.com

TOp coat for desktop? trs80 Woodworking 2 January 17th 07 11:39 PM
How to Apply the Last Coat of Poly for a Dining Table Top? [email protected] Woodworking 29 December 19th 06 05:08 PM
Top Coat Tung Oil D Steck Woodworking 2 January 29th 05 11:46 PM
Top Coat [email protected] Woodworking 7 January 11th 05 10:49 PM
Top Coat for Watco Danish Oil Finish???????? Jay Woodworking 7 November 8th 03 02:47 PM