Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default How much time can elapse to top coat after priming?

On 7 Mar 2007 06:46:34 -0800, "al" wrote:

I primed exterior trim over 4 months ago but did not get to apply top
coat due to knee surgery - have been restricted from using stairs,
ladders, etc. I used oil primer/sealer on wood that I did lots of
patching on and Kilz premium on the rest. Should I apply another coat
of primer before top coat after this length of time?

Thanks.

imho,

If the primer looks good, adhering to the surface, then its doing its
job. Now to make the paint adhere to the primer, I would ensure the
primer it very clean. Wiped down, etc.

Might want to check primer/paint instructions for further advice.

later,

tom @ www.Mesothelioma-Lawyers-List.com