D Steck

Default Top Coat Tung Oil

Okay,

I've made some beautiful casings for the dining room window out of lacewood
and coated it with Tung Oil. They look beautiful but I don't have the
glossy or semi-glossy finish that I'd like. Can I go back now and put
urethane with a semi-gloss finish on top of the Tung Oil?

Leon

"D Steck" wrote in message
news
Okay,

I've made some beautiful casings for the dining room window out of
lacewood and coated it with Tung Oil. They look beautiful but I don't
have the glossy or semi-glossy finish that I'd like. Can I go back now
and put urethane with a semi-gloss finish on top of the Tung Oil?

Yes but if you hand rub the Tung oil finish enough and generate some heat
while doing so it too will begin to shine.

Plaster - bonding coat layers Pecanfan UK diy 13 September 13th 20 12:32 AM
video on plastering TXXT123 UK diy 9 September 2nd 04 11:21 PM
Tips Needed on Plastering Bodysnatcher UK diy 7 August 10th 04 01:36 PM
Tung vs. linseed Mzone719 Home Repair 0 November 6th 03 09:02 PM
' Help! Rough surface after poly coat!' Ron Magen Woodworking 0 October 1st 03 01:49 PM