Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Peanut Butter Recall

I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Yeah, we had a jar as well - (Lordy, you had SIX?) Now, what to do with
them. Don't know if anyone will refund the cost or not.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
You have to starve them.
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob wrote:
Yeah, we had a jar as well - (Lordy, you had SIX?) Now, what to do with
them. Don't know if anyone will refund the cost or not.

Supposedly, you can send the lids to ConAgra and get some kind of
refund. Couldn't say more, cause the ConAgra website has its bandwidth
exceeded right now.
--
Grandpa
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 16:11:10 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

I had 4 jars - all with 2111 on them. I'm currently peanutbutterless.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon inspired greatness with:

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

Okay, why do you have 6 jars a PB in the first place? Second, I
always buy JIF, so I don't care.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

I had 4 jars - all with 2111 on them. I'm currently peanutbutterless.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

I'm glad I'm a Skippy fan. Get yourself a jar of Super Chunk.

It was on sale today and very little left since the Peter Pan was pulled.

Posted to alt.home.repair

My wife stocks up on some things when they are on sale.

You guessed it, 6 jars all have 2111. Had one jar of JIF for the
grandson.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
message ...
I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
You have to starve them.
.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

I had one jar W-M "Great Value" PB,had eaten part of it before(wondered why
I kept getting loose bowels) and last week got really sick,symptoms were
like a kidney infection.
Urine test did not show any bacterial infection,though.Now I'm on Keflex
antibiotic for a week.

I will say Imodium AD works REALLY WELL;stopped me up for 3 days.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob wrote:

Yeah, we had a jar as well - (Lordy, you had SIX?) Now, what to do with
them. Don't know if anyone will refund the cost or not.

Wegmans will exchange them.

Rob

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob" wrote in
:

Yeah, we had a jar as well - (Lordy, you had SIX?) Now, what to do
with them. Don't know if anyone will refund the cost or not.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

WalMart refunded my money.
I'm wondering if I can get reimbursed frrom ConAgra for the doctor bill.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to alt.home.repair

RobertPatrick wrote in
:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

We found out it's the other brand that has #2111 on the lid.
Bring the entire jar back to the store. The "good" stores will give
you money back.

Recall Information: “Great Value” brand with product code # 2111
should be discarded or returned. “Peter Pan” brand purchased after May
2006 should be thrown away or returned. Salmonella information:
Salmonella is a bacteria spread by eating or drinking contaminated
food or water or by contact with infected people or animals.
Salmonella symptoms include: fever, vomiting, nausea and diarrhea.
Unlike a virus, salmonella symptoms come on quick, 12 to 72 hours.

I had the diarrhea,lower back ache,and fever/chills.Thought it was a kidney
infection,before I heard about the PB problem,and checked my jar lid.
#2111!

A co-worker had Peter Pan on crackers and I ate some BEFORE we found
out about the recalls. GAWD!!!! Did I worry, but didn't get sick.

If it was the jars and not the contents that were contaminated,then you
could eat quite a bit before encountering the tainted PB,that was in
contact with the jar inside.It also depends on how much of a bacterial load
you consume.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

I had one jar W-M "Great Value" PB,had eaten part of it before(wondered
why
I kept getting loose bowels) and last week got really sick,symptoms were
like a kidney infection.
Urine test did not show any bacterial infection,though.Now I'm on Keflex
antibiotic for a week.

I will say Imodium AD works REALLY WELL;stopped me up for 3 days.

Chuckle- BTDT (or should I say, BTDDT?) Just had a bout myself, not from
peanut butter, but from a bottle of fruit-flavored water sweetened with that
Splenda crap. Meant to buy plain, didn't even occur to me the machine had
anything else in it, didn't bend down far enough to read the bottle label
through the glass on the front of the machine. I appear to be in the 'small
percentage' of people who experience bad side effects from the stuff.
Nothing like Pepto Bismol for an early breakfast around 0300 the next day.
It worked, after the second dose, but now things are too far the other
direction.

I guess this is good practice for that roto-rooter test the doc has been
nagging me to have........

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18 Feb 2007 00:38:08 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

RobertPatrick wrote in
:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

#2111!

I had 4 jars (ALL #2111) and had eaten some from one. I read somewhere
that symptoms of salmonella usually show up 12 to 48 hours eating the
infected food. I'm at about 28 now.

A co-worker had Peter Pan on crackers and I ate some BEFORE we found
out about the recalls. GAWD!!!! Did I worry, but didn't get sick.

If it was the jars and not the contents that were contaminated,then you
could eat quite a bit before encountering the tainted PB,that was in
contact with the jar inside.It also depends on how much of a bacterial load
you consume.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message

WalMart refunded my money.
I'm wondering if I can get reimbursed frrom ConAgra for the doctor bill.

Had you kept the jar and had it tested, you could collect if it was
positive. The proof is gone. There is also a rather nasty virus going
around that causes you to have symptoms similar to food poisoning. You'll
be losing your internals out both ends.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

My sister is head of the team that will be fielding calls in Omaha
come Monday. They are expecting 100 calls a day but prepared for 300.
She is with the insurance company, but they will be working in
ConAgra's offices.

--Andy Asberry--
------Texas-----

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

For some reason, last time I bought pb it was Peter Pan. Always buy
Jiff crunchy. Just checked my almost empty jar, and it is part of the
2111 batch. I don't refrigerate pb, and it's been in the cupboard quite
some time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

Salmonella can be killed by 120°F.
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...i?artid=244084

Boil your PB. You should be okay.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:35:35 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

For some reason, last time I bought pb it was Peter Pan. Always buy
Jiff crunchy. Just checked my almost empty jar, and it is part of the
2111 batch. I don't refrigerate pb, and it's been in the cupboard quite
some time.

I'll probably be getting JIF next time.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
et...

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

I had 4 jars - all with 2111 on them. I'm currently peanutbutterless.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

I'm glad I'm a Skippy fan. Get yourself a jar of Super Chunk.

It was on sale today and very little left since the Peter Pan was pulled.

My daughter had Skippy and my two favorite grandsons were sick until they
got rid of it. They are doing fine now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
My daughter had Skippy and my two favorite grandsons were sick until they
got rid of it. They are doing fine now.

Having Skippy in the house makes them sick? I've been eating it as long as
I can recall, about 60 years

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mike Dobony" wrote in
. net:

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

I had 4 jars - all with 2111 on them. I'm currently
peanutbutterless. --
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

I'm glad I'm a Skippy fan. Get yourself a jar of Super Chunk.

It was on sale today and very little left since the Peter Pan was
pulled.

My daughter had Skippy and my two favorite grandsons were sick until
they got rid of it. They are doing fine now.

Is Skippy a ConAgra product?
Are the boys eating -other- PB brands without getting sick?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 03:12:20 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
My daughter had Skippy and my two favorite grandsons were sick until they
got rid of it. They are doing fine now.

Having Skippy in the house makes them sick? I've been eating it as long as
I can recall, about 60 years

Then you haven't known the ecstacy of Laura Scutter Nutty p.b.
Been eating it as long as...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

I found one. I only use peanut butter that's 100% peanuts, but my
wife has an affinity for peanut butter with fillers. Oh my pregnant
wife, so she, and baby, could have been doomed.

Anyone know the real likelihood of getting infected from using it?

tom @ www.YourMoneyMakingIdeas.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
My daughter had Skippy and my two favorite grandsons were sick until they
got rid of it. They are doing fine now.

Having Skippy in the house makes them sick? I've been eating it as long as
I can recall, about 60 years

Well, the recall was about a specific batch from Con-Agra,
which is apparently contaminated with salmonella.
And included stuff labeled for Peter Pan, and Great Value.
I dunno what the deal is in the above about skippy,
Maybe the kids are sensitive to one or more
or the non-peanut additives?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 02:33:45 GMT, "Mike Dobony"
wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. net...

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

I had 4 jars - all with 2111 on them. I'm currently peanutbutterless.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

I'm glad I'm a Skippy fan. Get yourself a jar of Super Chunk.

It was on sale today and very little left since the Peter Pan was pulled.

My daughter had Skippy and my two favorite grandsons were sick until they
got rid of it. They are doing fine now.

I went to a local store and got the last jar of JIF they had. There
was no Skippy on the shelves.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy

Posted to alt.home.repair

Anyone know the real likelihood of getting infected from using it?

50-50. You either do or you don't.

(Onset time is usually in the 12-72 hour range,
from what I can find. If it's been more than
3 days since you got rid of the suspect food,
you're probably fine.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just Joshin wrote in
:

wrote:

I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

I found one. I only use peanut butter that's 100% peanuts, but my
wife has an affinity for peanut butter with fillers. Oh my pregnant
wife, so she, and baby, could have been doomed.

What do they use for "fillers" in PB ?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
Just Joshin wrote in

I found one. I only use peanut butter that's 100% peanuts, but my
wife has an affinity for peanut butter with fillers. Oh my pregnant
wife, so she, and baby, could have been doomed.

What do they use for "fillers" in PB ?

Sugar and oil, but I'd not call them fillers. Using 100% peanuts does not
mean it will not be contaminated either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 17, 4:11 pm, "Stormin Mormon" cayoung61-
wrote:
I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
You have to starve them.
.

I had 2 jars with 2111 on the lid, already opened one and it's half
gone....no belly ache...no poopin, must be ok.
Much ado about nothing if you ask me, a few dozen people get a tummy
ache and the whole freakin country goes ito a frenzy.
Yeah, I know some people died from it but you know what??? those
people were gonna die ANYWAY from SOMETHING (like an infected hang
nail maybe)
And on the positive side maybe peter pan killed that skanky Anna
Nichole Ho taking her out before she pollutes the gene pool even
FURTHER.

Amazing isn't it, a few (already sick/dying) people croak from eating
peanut butter and the country goes nuts,
One REALLY NASTY skank that I wouldn't touch with YOUR pee pee dies
and everyone starts bawlin, BUT 40,000 people die every year in car
crashes (most of which could be avoided by not driving like A holes)
and not a word is spoken.
And I could go on and on.....

Well, thats my rant for today,I feel better now, guess I'll go have a
nutter nutter butter peanut butter sandwich.

Hugs to All

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:03:23 -0500, Goedjn wrote:

Anyone know the real likelihood of getting infected from using it?

50-50. You either do or you don't.

"You either do or you don't" is true my IN NO WAY implies 50-50.

You either got sent to the moon yesterday or you didn't.

(Onset time is usually in the 12-72 hour range,
from what I can find. If it's been more than
3 days since you got rid of the suspect food,
you're probably fine.)

It's been more than 3 days since I ate some PB from that "#2111" jar.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:22:19 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
Just Joshin wrote in

I found one. I only use peanut butter that's 100% peanuts, but my
wife has an affinity for peanut butter with fillers. Oh my pregnant
wife, so she, and baby, could have been doomed.

What do they use for "fillers" in PB ?

Sugar and oil, but I'd not call them fillers. Using 100% peanuts does not
mean it will not be contaminated either.

"This peanut butter contains at least 99.9% organically grown peanuts,
and no more than .1% salmonella bacteria." :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:03:23 -0500, Goedjn wrote:

Anyone know the real likelihood of getting infected from using it?

50-50. You either do or you don't.

(Onset time is usually in the 12-72 hour range,
from what I can find. If it's been more than
3 days since you got rid of the suspect food,
you're probably fine.)

I love your math, I wished it worked for me.

I try and win the Powerball jackpot, and figure, using your system, I
have a 50-50 chance. Either I win, or I don't. However it seems like
a have a 1 in Gazbilliontrillion chance.

tom @ www.YourMoneySavingTips.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 13:05:34 -0600, Harry
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:22:19 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
Just Joshin wrote in

I found one. I only use peanut butter that's 100% peanuts, but my
wife has an affinity for peanut butter with fillers. Oh my pregnant
wife, so she, and baby, could have been doomed.

What do they use for "fillers" in PB ?

Sugar and oil, but I'd not call them fillers. Using 100% peanuts does not
mean it will not be contaminated either.

"This peanut butter contains at least 99.9% organically grown peanuts,
and no more than .1% salmonella bacteria." :-)

Ofcourse just for flavor.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 20 Feb 2007 07:07:33 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

Just Joshin wrote in
:

wrote:

I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

I found one. I only use peanut butter that's 100% peanuts, but my
wife has an affinity for peanut butter with fillers. Oh my pregnant
wife, so she, and baby, could have been doomed.

What do they use for "fillers" in PB ?

Not a peanut butter expert, but it was explained that peanut butter is
100% mashed peanuts.

Now the 'other' stuff, is mash peanuts, remove the peanut oil to be
sold separately. Then add vegetable oil as a cheap substitute. To
cover up the change in taste, flavor with sugar and salt.

Now I wasn't sure about this, but compare the ingredients.

tom

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
My daughter had Skippy and my two favorite grandsons were sick until

they
got rid of it. They are doing fine now.

Having Skippy in the house makes them sick? I've been eating it as long

as
I can recall, about 60 years

Now my wife says it was Peter Pan. 3 days ago it was Skippy. Tomorrow it
will have been Jiff. After that, who knows.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
My daughter had Skippy and my two favorite grandsons were sick until

they
got rid of it. They are doing fine now.

Having Skippy in the house makes them sick? I've been eating it as long

as
I can recall, about 60 years

Well, the recall was about a specific batch from Con-Agra,
which is apparently contaminated with salmonella.
And included stuff labeled for Peter Pan, and Great Value.
I dunno what the deal is in the above about skippy,
Maybe the kids are sensitive to one or more
or the non-peanut additives?

Nope, the wife got the brands mixed up. She told me a few days ago that
they had Skippy. Today she was talking about it and it was Peter Pan.~

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
"Mike Dobony" wrote in
. net:

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

I had 4 jars - all with 2111 on them. I'm currently
peanutbutterless. --
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

I'm glad I'm a Skippy fan. Get yourself a jar of Super Chunk.

It was on sale today and very little left since the Peter Pan was
pulled.

My daughter had Skippy and my two favorite grandsons were sick until
they got rid of it. They are doing fine now.

Is Skippy a ConAgra product?
Are the boys eating -other- PB brands without getting sick?

My wife didn't get the brand right. She told me that they had Skippy that
had the salmonella.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

#2111!

I had 4 jars (ALL #2111) and had eaten some from one. I read somewhere
that symptoms of salmonella usually show up 12 to 48 hours eating the
infected food. I'm at about 28 now.

A co-worker had Peter Pan on crackers and I ate some BEFORE we found
out about the recalls. GAWD!!!! Did I worry, but didn't get sick.

If it was the jars and not the contents that were contaminated,then you
could eat quite a bit before encountering the tainted PB,that was in
contact with the jar inside.It also depends on how much of a bacterial

load
you consume.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy

What qualifications does Teddy have that the scientists do not? Why has
nobody received the $250,000 reward for giving one single objective,
testable piece of evidence proving any point of evolution?

IMPROVING THE EFFICIENCY OF BUTTER-MAKING IN ETHIOPIA J T Woodworking 0 December 18th 05 04:37 AM
Wooden butter molds ktl Woodturning 3 October 10th 05 12:45 PM
OT - PEANUT SHELLER J T Woodworking 0 August 26th 05 06:54 AM
Tiling question, is it necessary to back butter? [email protected] Home Repair 4 July 26th 05 12:51 AM
[O/T] POLL: Marmalade on toast with or without butter? Butter or marge please UK diy 77 July 7th 05 02:06 PM