Posted to alt.home.repair
Just A Layperson0 Just A Layperson0 is offline

Default Peanut Butter Recall

On 20 Feb 2007 07:07:33 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

Just Joshin wrote in
:

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 16:11:10 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I know it's not home repair.

Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.

Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.

I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a
year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.

I found one. I only use peanut butter that's 100% peanuts, but my
wife has an affinity for peanut butter with fillers. Oh my pregnant
wife, so she, and baby, could have been doomed.

What do they use for "fillers" in PB ?

Not a peanut butter expert, but it was explained that peanut butter is
100% mashed peanuts.

Now the 'other' stuff, is mash peanuts, remove the peanut oil to be
sold separately. Then add vegetable oil as a cheap substitute. To
cover up the change in taste, flavor with sugar and salt.

Now I wasn't sure about this, but compare the ingredients.

tom