Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Safety First - Call a Professional

It seems that in 90% of all posts on this newsgroup. someone tells the
poster to contact the pros. Well, I fully agree. I contact the pros
no matter what I do.

I just contacted my professional therapist and got the OK to post to
this message, after contacting a professional from my phone company to
insure my phone was safe, and I was able to properly and safely use
the telephone to call my therapist. I also called my team of medical
professionals to be sure that my mental and bodily conditions were up
to par to use the internet. Then of course I had to get a crew of
professionals from Microsoft to come to my home and boot my computer
for me. but they told me that I first had to hire a professional
electrician to inspect the outlet this computer derives it's power,
and this electrician had to hire a professional from the electric
company to verify my home was receiving the proper electrical power.

With that all completed, I want to share with you the following
message:

I always hire a pro for EVERYTHING I do. Even if I got to take a
****, I hire a pro to do it for me. We are all idiots in all ways.
Only the pros can do things safely and correctly. None of us mere
people are capable of doing things ourselves. We are all uneducated
idiots incapable of thinking for ourselves or touching anything,
particularly dangerous tools and the like. We must hire a pro for
anything and everything we do in our lives..... Damn it, I was just
getting into this message and now I got to take a ****. I better call
a pro to handle it for me.... I'll be back after the professional
typist that is typing this message for me calls a professional coffee
service to make him a cup of coffee, and the professional that is
managing my computer software contacts his professional software
programmer, and while I call a professional to help me take my ****,
while my professional bathroom cleaner takes a break, which of course
means he will have to contact his professional break management crew.

Hold on a second, I have to call my professional therapist again to
see if it's OK to send this message......

Safety First

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

"Esther & Fester Bestertester" wrote in message
news.net...
Thus spake :

It seems that in 90% of all posts on this newsgroup. someone tells the
poster

to contact the pros. Well, I fully agree.

Y'think that some of those posters are professionals that
see USENET as a threat to their livelihood? And if we
simply share information on how to do something safely,
s/he thinks that they will end up in the poor house?

Increased revenue by spreading fear.

I live in fear ever working day: the fear of being wrong. As a result, I
carry liability insurance but still try to be careful. Being careful reduces
my risk of being wrong, and is expected of me by the state that licenses me.
What interest do I have in making work for another professional in another
state? Some generalized fear of disaster in the hearts of do-it-yourselfer
everywhere? Time to adjust your headgear:
http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

The problem could also be reframed:

"It seams that in 90% of all posts on this newsgroup somebody wants to cut
corners without really knowing what they're doing and hope to find some
knowledgeable professional who will give them the go ahead without having
all the facts of the situation in front of them, and for no compensation,
while exposing themselves to liability for faulty advice.

Y'think that some law-breaking cheapskates are looking for cover if they
screw up and their world comes down around their ears?

Decreased accountability by deflecting responsibility."

Discuss amongst yourselves! I'm verklempt!
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Hello,

The Information Highway (Internet) is for sharing: sharing experiences.
When i post a question, iam hoping to find someone that has had the
same expeience . . . then we
"talk". This is called sharing and giving and helping. If a person that
posts a question becomes a helper here on the Information Highway - so
what . . .

Michael Bulatovich wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Michael Bulatovich wrote:
[...]

I thought average Home Insurance covered repairmen . . .

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
It seems that in 90% of all posts on this newsgroup. someone tells the
poster to contact the pros. Well, I fully agree. I contact the pros
no matter what I do.

I just contacted my professional therapist and got the OK to post to
this message,

If you mean a physical therapist, you did just fine.
If it was a psychotherpist, he didn't do well because you come across as a
jerk.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

"Harry" wrote in message
oups.com...

Michael Bulatovich wrote:
[...]

Again, Harry, your point is.....?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I think our 90% estimate is way high. Also almost all the "check
with..." involve going to a source for the _official_ information, as
in "will this be code compliant to...?" Answer "check with your
builiding inspector". That is not going to an "expert" as you are
referring to.

That said, Yes, I have seen some trade people object to people getting
free 'how-to-do-it" info here. One case that still rankles was a
plumber that made repeated trips to a ladies house to re-prime her pump
that only took him a minute or two to do but he would not show her how
to do it himself. Tried to justify himself here but got raked over the
coals.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Toller" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
It seems that in 90% of all posts on this newsgroup. someone tells the
poster to contact the pros. Well, I fully agree. I contact the pros
no matter what I do.

I just contacted my professional therapist and got the OK to post to
this message,

If you mean a physical therapist, you did just fine.
If it was a psychotherpist, he didn't do well because you come across as a
jerk.

Hey, Toller -- don't feed the trolls.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

While your antithesis of AHR was entertaining, when ya want a good
laugh, call a professional comedian! Maybe you missed the "Ode to AHR"
by Terry in the "saving romex" thread?:

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Harry wrote:

I thought average Home Insurance covered repairmen . . .

Relying on insurance is like buying the condoms after she's pregnant.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Eliminate the Doctor;
AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES

1. If you are choking on an ice cube, don't panic.
Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and presto. The
blockage will be almost instantly removed.

2. Clumsy? Avoid cutting yourself while slicing

vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

3. Avoid arguments with the little woman about lifting the toilet seat
by
simply using the sink.

4. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut
yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in
your
veins. Remember to use a timer.

5. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you
from

6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of
laxatives, then you will be afraid to cough.

7. Have a bad toothache? Smash your thumb with a hammer and you will
forget about the toothache.

Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really a
You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and
should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Harry wrote:

I thought average Home Insurance covered repairmen . . .

Relying on insurance is like buying the condoms after she's pregnant.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
In article , "Toller"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
It seems that in 90% of all posts on this newsgroup. someone tells the
poster to contact the pros. Well, I fully agree. I contact the pros
no matter what I do.

I just contacted my professional therapist and got the OK to post to
this message,

If you mean a physical therapist, you did just fine.
If it was a psychotherpist, he didn't do well because you come across as a
jerk.

Hey, Toller -- don't feed the trolls.

I thought I WAS a troll!

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Toller" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
Hey, Toller -- don't feed the trolls.

I thought I WAS a troll!

Naaaah, not you.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:48:18 -0500, "Michael Bulatovich"
wrote:

"Esther & Fester Bestertester" wrote in message
enews.net...
Thus spake :

[...]

Really? Got any links to stories about people who gave advice here in
the newsgroups and got sued by the taker of the advice?

Y'think that some law-breaking cheapskates are looking for cover if they
screw up and their world comes down around their ears?

Decreased accountability by deflecting responsibility."

Discuss amongst yourselves! I'm verklempt!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

wrote:

[...]

---------- O F F I C I A L L E G A L N O T I C E -----------

Dear Mr. Michael Bulatovich

The advice you have just given is faulty. So far no one has been sued
for providing faulty advice on this newsgroup. However, since you
have lied to us about this matter, I have no choice but to sue you for
providing faulty, misleading and dishonest information on a public
forum. Therefore, I am charging you under the US Federal penal code
item #204-990-5213.01. You will be served your legal lawsuit
paperwork within the next week, to be hand delivered by your local
police department. I suggest you contact your attorney immediately
because this is going to be an ugly battle and I ALWAYS win every
case. If you so choose, you can pay the sum of $50,000,000.00 in US
currency, and I will drop this case. This information, including the
address of my office, to which you must send you payment, will be
noted on this legal document.

Sincerely,

Atty. Jeffery D. Formann
Federal Attorney at Law, U.S. Courts

--------------- E N D O F N O T I C E ------------

Y'think that some law-breaking cheapskates are looking for cover if they
screw up and their world comes down around their ears?

Decreased accountability by deflecting responsibility."

Discuss amongst yourselves! I'm verklempt!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

wrote:
"It seams that in 90% of all posts on this newsgroup somebody wants to cut
corners without really knowing what they're doing and hope to find some
knowledgeable professional who will give them the go ahead without having
all the facts of the situation in front of them, and for no compensation,
while exposing themselves to liability for faulty advice.

Really? Got any links to stories about people who gave advice here in
the newsgroups and got sued by the taker of the advice?

Reread my post. I never said it happened here, or that I had links. I said
that there is exposure to liability. If you're really interested though you
can contact my insurer to confirm the threat. (ProDemnity Insurance Company,
Toronto)

The pro's are generally going to be careful in what they say because
professional practice has a way of weeding out the careless. Once in a while
everyone slips up, and there are differences in law from one jurisdiction to
another, but only "fools rush in".
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

wrote in message
[...]

Ya won't get me, copper!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Certinally no one wants a injury or even death from poor or bad advice
here.!!!!

But no one comes into life knowing how to wire a outlet, heck we arrive
in diapers

Years ago replacing a outlet was a challenge, now I could wire a home.

buy some books like wiring simplified, study it well, work with a
knowledgable friend and avoid getting in over your head. Ideally do
jobs you ENJOY or at least pay the pros for ones you hate.

work smart work safely and learn new skills

local community colleges often have classes on home rep[airs or
volunteer for habitat for humanity

I PAY for car repairs cause I hate it, while I fix office machines for
a living.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

wrote:
"It seams that in 90% of all posts on this newsgroup somebody wants to
cut
corners without really knowing what they're doing and hope to find some
knowledgeable professional who will give them the go ahead without
having
all the facts of the situation in front of them, and for no
compensation,
while exposing themselves to liability for faulty advice.

Really? Got any links to stories about people who gave advice here in
the newsgroups and got sued by the taker of the advice?

Reread my post. I never said it happened here, or that I had links. I
said that there is exposure to liability. If you're really interested
though you can contact my insurer to confirm the threat. (ProDemnity
Insurance Company, Toronto)

Ah, just a spammer?

Yeah, right. I'm selling insurance. Think I'll buy a bigger house. ; )