Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Night call out -- then cancell call

Just got off the phone with a national referral company. They want me
to go about half hour drive from here to fix a Detex lock on a back
door. Won't lock.

I went to bed about 10 PM, and they woke me about 11 PM. It's been a
LONG day, and I'm dehydrated, frustrated, and tired. Got a couple
repair calls that are really not being easy to fix.

I called the store, and the manager there said to come on over.

While getting dressed, the referral company called. The store had
called several local companies, and one of them was at the back door.

They woke me up at 11 PM. Though, they did cancell before I got out
the door. Should I send a bill for a service call charge? Doubletime
after hours?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 03:34:23 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Just got off the phone with a national referral company. They want me
to go about half hour drive from here to fix a Detex lock on a back
door. Won't lock.

I went to bed about 10 PM, and they woke me about 11 PM. It's been a
LONG day, and I'm dehydrated, frustrated, and tired. Got a couple
repair calls that are really not being easy to fix.

I called the store, and the manager there said to come on over.

While getting dressed, the referral company called. The store had
called several local companies, and one of them was at the back door.

They woke me up at 11 PM. Though, they did cancell before I got out
the door. Should I send a bill for a service call charge? Doubletime
after hours?

LMFAO!!!! ****ing Moron! You've been set up!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Just got off the phone with a national referral company. They want me
to go about half hour drive from here to fix a Detex lock on a back
door. Won't lock.

I went to bed about 10 PM, and they woke me about 11 PM. It's been a
LONG day, and I'm dehydrated, frustrated, and tired. Got a couple
repair calls that are really not being easy to fix.

I called the store, and the manager there said to come on over.

While getting dressed, the referral company called. The store had
called several local companies, and one of them was at the back door.

They woke me up at 11 PM. Though, they did cancell before I got out
the door. Should I send a bill for a service call charge? Doubletime
after hours?

--

Christopher A. Young

its a freebie since you didnt leave on call. charge them and you might
get paid but never get another referral ever again

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

While getting dressed, the referral company called. The store had
called several local companies, and one of them was at the back door.

They woke me up at 11 PM. Though, they did cancell before I got out
the door. Should I send a bill for a service call charge? Doubletime
after hours?

Depends on your agreement. With some, the clock starts at the time of call,
with others when you set foot out the door.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in
ups.com:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

And why would he want to get referrals from a place tht pulls this crap?

Posted to alt.home.repair

no

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's about what I'm thinking. Ultimately, it wasn't the referral
company fault. The store which ahd the broken lock called another
locksmith.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
" wrote in
ups.com:

its a freebie since you didnt leave on call. charge them and you

might
get paid but never get another referral ever again

And why would he want to get referrals from a place tht pulls this
crap?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:45:06 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Al
Moran quickly quoth:

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 03:34:23 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

They woke me up at 11 PM. Though, they did cancell before I got out
the door. Should I send a bill for a service call charge? Doubletime
after hours?

LMFAO!!!! ****ing Moron! You've been set up!

That was a troll, Al.
EVERYBODY knows that you _don't_ answer the phone again after a
service call has come in. You go and get paid whether you work or not.
If they got you out of bed, they pay.

--
Heard of the Frisbee Religion? They believe that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and you can't get it down.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 06:05:07 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:45:06 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Al
Moran quickly quoth:

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 03:34:23 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

They woke me up at 11 PM. Though, they did cancell before I got out
the door. Should I send a bill for a service call charge? Doubletime
after hours?

LMFAO!!!! ****ing Moron! You've been set up!

That was a troll, Al.
EVERYBODY knows that you _don't_ answer the phone again after a
service call has come in. You go and get paid whether you work or not.
If they got you out of bed, they pay.

--
Heard of the Frisbee Religion? They believe that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and you can't get it down.
----

If you think that was a troll then you don't know Stormy. The guy is
the ultimate moron.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oddly enough, I'd not heard that advice. But, it is good advice. I'll
remember it for next time.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

That was a troll, Al.
EVERYBODY knows that you _don't_ answer the phone again after a
service call has come in. You go and get paid whether you work or not.
If they got you out of bed, they pay.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Just got off the phone with a national referral company. They want me
to go about half hour drive from here to fix a Detex lock on a back
door. Won't lock.

I went to bed about 10 PM, and they woke me about 11 PM. It's been a
LONG day, and I'm dehydrated, frustrated, and tired. Got a couple
repair calls that are really not being easy to fix.

I called the store, and the manager there said to come on over.

While getting dressed, the referral company called. The store had
called several local companies, and one of them was at the back door.

They woke me up at 11 PM. Though, they did cancell before I got out
the door. Should I send a bill for a service call charge? Doubletime
after hours?

Don't lose sleep over it. Forget about it. It's kind of like calling
the cops for a prowler and the prowler not waiting around for the cops.
I hope it's the worst thing that happens to you all year )