Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
George E. Cawthon George E. Cawthon is offline

Default Safety First - Call a Professional

Michael Bulatovich wrote:
"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:48:18 -0500, "Michael Bulatovich"
wrote:
"It seams that in 90% of all posts on this newsgroup somebody wants to cut
corners without really knowing what they're doing and hope to find some
knowledgeable professional who will give them the go ahead without having
all the facts of the situation in front of them, and for no compensation,
while exposing themselves to liability for faulty advice.

Really? Got any links to stories about people who gave advice here in
the newsgroups and got sued by the taker of the advice?

Reread my post. I never said it happened here, or that I had links. I said
that there is exposure to liability. If you're really interested though you
can contact my insurer to confirm the threat. (ProDemnity Insurance Company,
Toronto)

Ah, just a spammer?

The pro's are generally going to be careful in what they say because
professional practice has a way of weeding out the careless. Once in a while
everyone slips up, and there are differences in law from one jurisdiction to
another, but only "fools rush in".