Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Safety First - Call a Professional

wrote:
It seems that in 90% of all posts on this newsgroup. someone tells the
poster to contact the pros. Well, I fully agree. I contact the pros
no matter what I do.

I just contacted my professional therapist and got the OK to post to
this message, after contacting a professional from my phone company to
insure my phone was safe, and I was able to properly and safely use
the telephone to call my therapist. I also called my team of medical
professionals to be sure that my mental and bodily conditions were up
to par to use the internet. Then of course I had to get a crew of
professionals from Microsoft to come to my home and boot my computer
for me. but they told me that I first had to hire a professional
electrician to inspect the outlet this computer derives it's power,
and this electrician had to hire a professional from the electric
company to verify my home was receiving the proper electrical power.

With that all completed, I want to share with you the following
message:

I always hire a pro for EVERYTHING I do. Even if I got to take a
****, I hire a pro to do it for me. We are all idiots in all ways.
Only the pros can do things safely and correctly. None of us mere
people are capable of doing things ourselves. We are all uneducated
idiots incapable of thinking for ourselves or touching anything,
particularly dangerous tools and the like. We must hire a pro for
anything and everything we do in our lives..... Damn it, I was just
getting into this message and now I got to take a ****. I better call
a pro to handle it for me.... I'll be back after the professional
typist that is typing this message for me calls a professional coffee
service to make him a cup of coffee, and the professional that is
managing my computer software contacts his professional software
programmer, and while I call a professional to help me take my ****,
while my professional bathroom cleaner takes a break, which of course
means he will have to contact his professional break management crew.

Hold on a second, I have to call my professional therapist again to
see if it's OK to send this message......

Safety First

I think our 90% estimate is way high. Also almost all the "check
with..." involve going to a source for the _official_ information, as
in "will this be code compliant to...?" Answer "check with your
builiding inspector". That is not going to an "expert" as you are
referring to.

That said, Yes, I have seen some trade people object to people getting
free 'how-to-do-it" info here. One case that still rankles was a
plumber that made repeated trips to a ladies house to re-prime her pump
that only took him a minute or two to do but he would not show her how
to do it himself. Tried to justify himself here but got raked over the
coals.

Harry K