Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore refrigerator leaking at dispenser

Hope somebody can help with this one. I've got a 6 year old Kenmore side
by side refrigerator model 363.58062892 that I've just noticed has been
dripping water behind the dispenser pad on the freezer door. It's not a
constant drip, I'd say maybe a couple of drips per hour. When I pull
back the pad, there is some water behind there. i have no water on the
floor nor in the freezer or refrigerator itself. Water flow through the
icemaker seems fine as well. The temps outside have been fairly humid
the last few days, so I'm wondering if it's condensation behind the pad
from that, or another problem just starting. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair

You will need to replace the water control valve. It's electrically
operated. I had a slow drip in the icemaker fill tube which finally
froze over. On my GE Profile side-by-side, the water control valve is
a pair of solenoids, one for icemaker, one for water dispenser. The
solenoid opens to let water flow. Over time, the valve no longer
closes completely, resulting in a drip. The part is about $45.

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 08:51:10 -0400, Tony wrote:

Hope somebody can help with this one. I've got a 6 year old Kenmore side
by side refrigerator model 363.58062892 that I've just noticed has been
dripping water behind the dispenser pad on the freezer door. It's not a
constant drip, I'd say maybe a couple of drips per hour. When I pull
back the pad, there is some water behind there. i have no water on the
floor nor in the freezer or refrigerator itself. Water flow through the
icemaker seems fine as well. The temps outside have been fairly humid
the last few days, so I'm wondering if it's condensation behind the pad
from that, or another problem just starting. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thomas Kendrick wrote:
You will need to replace the water control valve. It's electrically
operated. I had a slow drip in the icemaker fill tube which finally
froze over. On my GE Profile side-by-side,

What model is yours? I have a question about my GE - I think model is
GSS25...

Kenmore Appliances cover Home Repair 18 December 27th 05 02:59 AM
Kenmore Washer Dispenser Problems Wayne Boatwright Home Repair 8 July 4th 05 06:00 PM
Whirlpool Water Dispenser Problem -- HELP ! Joey Home Repair 11 February 27th 05 08:39 AM
2003 Consumer Reports Best Buys for your home T.T. Home Ownership 13 March 24th 04 08:30 PM
Kenmore refrigerator, continuous water dispenser flow Greg Sumner Home Repair 2 March 1st 04 11:37 AM