Wayne Boatwright

Default Kenmore Washer Dispenser Problems

We have a Kenmore 90 Plus top loading washer that's about 6 years old. It's
mechanically sound and has never required a service call.

Both the bleach and fabric softener dispensers are holding water in the
reservoir where you pour the product in.

We occasionally use bleach, but we have never really used the fabric softener
dispenser.

Possible causes, remedies?

TIA

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

Model#?

Kenmore 90 Plus isn't it!

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Both the bleach and fabric softener dispensers are holding water in

the
reservoir where you pour the product in.
Possible causes, remedies?

Clogged hose(s), bad solenoids, bad fill valve are -some- possible
trouble makers.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 28 Mar 2005 09:34:18p, Appliance Repair Aid wrote in
alt.home.repair:

Hi,

Model#?

Kenmore 90 Plus isn't it!

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Both the bleach and fabric softener dispensers are holding water in
the reservoir where you pour the product in.
Possible causes, remedies?

Clogged hose(s), bad solenoids, bad fill valve are -some- possible
trouble makers.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Well, actually easier to find than I thought.

The model # is 110.28944890

Thanks!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Appliance Repair Aid

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Well, actually easier to find than I thought.

The model # is 110.28944890

Thanks!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Model shows 2 fill valves...one for the incomming water and a second
for directing the dispensor water. Shows several miles ( slight
exaggeration ) of hoses that may need to be flushed out to help the
filling water run into the washer.
You should be able to see some breakdows from below...
http://tinyurl.com/6kd79

I'd try a cleaning out first to see what happens

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 29 Mar 2005 05:53:07a, Appliance Repair Aid wrote in alt.home.repair:

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Well, actually easier to find than I thought.

The model # is 110.28944890

Thanks!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Model shows 2 fill valves...one for the incomming water and a second
for directing the dispensor water. Shows several miles ( slight
exaggeration ) of hoses that may need to be flushed out to help the
filling water run into the washer.
You should be able to see some breakdows from below...
http://tinyurl.com/6kd79

I'd try a cleaning out first to see what happens

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Hey, thanks, Jeff! Yes, there seems to be "miles" of hose! The diagram is
very helpful.

There doesn't seem to be any problem with the water coming in, but there's
always some left after the cycle. Maybe a good cleaning will do it. I have
a steam generator type cleaner. Could that be helpful in the process?

Also, can you tell me if this type of cabinet top is one held in the front
just by clips, or is it screwd down tight?

Thanks, again!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

The cabinet has 2 large clips....this should help....
http://tinyurl.com/g1n6

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 29 Mar 2005 12:04:36p, Appliance Repair Aid wrote in alt.home.repair:

Hi,

The cabinet has 2 large clips....this should help....
http://tinyurl.com/g1n6

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Thanks, Jeff. This is excellent!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Appliance Repair Aid

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Thanks, Jeff. This is excellent!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Your welcome!!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

mzliu

Hi, I have a trouble on Kenmore washer 90 series top-load. when it is on
regular cycle, and run a while and stop, then again. Look like tirring.
Also th epowder core is hot. I do not know what's happen to cause
stop.
mzliu

mzliu's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=5
View this thread: http://www.homeplot.com/showthread.php?t=33798