Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Garage door openers: generic remotes, defeating the electric eye

Awl--

Is is possible to get generic remote openers, like the generic remotes for
TV/VCRs? LiftMaster and the local dealer are banging me hard for add'l
remotes.

Is it possible to defeat the electric eye? Mine are causing trouble,
replacements are not cheap, and kids/pets are not an issue.

TIA.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Awl--

Is is possible to get generic remote openers, like the generic remotes for
TV/VCRs? LiftMaster and the local dealer are banging me hard for add'l
remotes.

Is it possible to defeat the electric eye? Mine are causing trouble,
replacements are not cheap, and kids/pets are not an issue.

TIA.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

I bought an extra remote for our Craftsman door when our daughter got
her own car. Cost me $20.

http://www.aaaremotes.com/liftmaster61lm.html

They say they have compatible Liftmaster remotes too.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Herb Stein

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
Awl--

Is is possible to get generic remote openers, like the generic remotes for
TV/VCRs? LiftMaster and the local dealer are banging me hard for add'l
remotes.

Is it possible to defeat the electric eye? Mine are causing trouble,
replacements are not cheap, and kids/pets are not an issue.

TIA.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

They must be available somewhere. Most new cars today have a 2 or 3 position
GD remote built into in them. My son's works with 2 rolling code openers at
his new house and my 1970's vintage fossil just fine.

--
Herb

Posted to alt.home.repair

With my late fathers place we just placed the electric eyes up in the
rafters, close together. Never an issue. He hated them dang things.

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:58:54 -0400, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

Awl--

Is is possible to get generic remote openers, like the generic remotes for
TV/VCRs? LiftMaster and the local dealer are banging me hard for add'l
remotes.

Is it possible to defeat the electric eye? Mine are causing trouble,
replacements are not cheap, and kids/pets are not an issue.

TIA.

Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Awl--

Is is possible to get generic remote openers, like the generic remotes for
TV/VCRs? LiftMaster and the local dealer are banging me hard for add'l
remotes.

Is it possible to defeat the electric eye? Mine are causing trouble,
replacements are not cheap, and kids/pets are not an issue.

TIA.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

http://www.1stdooropeners.com/liftmaster/remotes.htm

this site has all sorts of gdo parts / acessories

yes, it is possible.

But they should work just by adjusting & cleaning,

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT

That's the way mine are also. 1" apart right above the opener mounted on
the ceiling.

--
Steve Barker