Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Garage door openers: generic remotes, defeating the electric eye

wrote:
With my late fathers place we just placed the electric eyes up in the
rafters, close together. Never an issue. He hated them dang things.

Keep in mind that if someone was injured it could mean a lot to their
attorney if you had disabled the mandated safety feature. Even if you feel
safe doing it, I don't believe it is a good idea.

I have had two openers since the early 70's on two different garages.
Not once did any of the electric eyes malfunction. I might add that it did
save my girlfriends car a couple of times when she did not have it far
enough into the garage.

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:58:54 -0400, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

Awl--

Is is possible to get generic remote openers, like the generic
remotes for TV/VCRs? LiftMaster and the local dealer are banging me
hard for add'l remotes.

Is it possible to defeat the electric eye? Mine are causing trouble,
replacements are not cheap, and kids/pets are not an issue.

TIA.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit