Linda Boumarafi

Default Electric Garage Door Not Closing

Hi!

I have an electric garage door that comes down about 2 feet before
stopping. In order to close the garage door, I have to close it
manually. I have greased the track and there doesn't appear to be any
hang-ups along the way in the track.

I think I need to adjust the garage door opener. The only trouble is,
I don't know how. After reading several posts, I went out and looked
for a knob to adjust the downforce or the amount of travel. I didn't
see one. I don't have a manual, because the opener was already there
when I bought the house.

I'm dealing with an EZ-Lift 500 Deluxe 1/2 HP opener. Anybody know how
to adjust that? Thanks!

Sincerely,

Linda Boumarafi
Dick Hamlen

After making sure the door runs freely, check the case again. If you're
lucky, there may be adjusting screws, and they may be accessible through
holes in the case.

Also, while you've got the door disconnected from the opener, you could
try operating the opener and see if it travels further without the door
attached. (Verify whether the problem is the door or the opener).

If you haven't already got enough to worry about, you could check this:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml91/91059.html

Good luck. And always remember that free advice like this is worth what
you paid for it.

Dick

Joseph Meehan wrote:

Start by disconnecting the opener. Open and close it manually. It
should stay fully closed and fully open without help. It should also move
from open to closed without any sticking. Many problems had to do with door
alignment and spring tension.

It is not a good idea to try and adjust spring tension unless you have
the right tools and know what you are doing as they can and do cause
injuries.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math