Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door openers: generic remotes, defeating the electric eye

With my late fathers place we just placed the electric eyes up in the
rafters, close together. Never an issue. He hated them dang things.

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:58:54 -0400, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

Awl--

Is is possible to get generic remote openers, like the generic remotes for
TV/VCRs? LiftMaster and the local dealer are banging me hard for add'l
remotes.

Is it possible to defeat the electric eye? Mine are causing trouble,
replacements are not cheap, and kids/pets are not an issue.

TIA.