Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default Garage door openers: generic remotes, defeating the electriceye

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Awl--

Is is possible to get generic remote openers, like the generic remotes for
TV/VCRs? LiftMaster and the local dealer are banging me hard for add'l
remotes.

Is it possible to defeat the electric eye? Mine are causing trouble,
replacements are not cheap, and kids/pets are not an issue.

TIA.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

I bought an extra remote for our Craftsman door when our daughter got
her own car. Cost me $20.

http://www.aaaremotes.com/liftmaster61lm.html

They say they have compatible Liftmaster remotes too.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia