Posted to alt.home.repair
A Veteran for Peace

Default Septic Tank fills with rain?

boy did it rain! and we think judgeing from the water on top of the
ground over the drain field , that the the tank filled with rain water.
Is this terribly bad, what can one do?

--
Impeach Bush ! a noble cause
And visit.. alt.impeach.bush
Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

"A Veteran for Peace" wrote in message
boy did it rain! and we think judgeing from the water on top of the
ground over the drain field , that the the tank filled with rain water.
Is this terribly bad, what can one do?

--
Impeach Bush ! a noble cause
And visit.. alt.impeach.bush

Judging by your poor spelling, lack of good grammar, and troll like sig
line, you wouldn't know what to do if we told you.

Maybe move your trailer farther from the septic tank?

Just a thought.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

A Veteran for Peace wrote:

boy did it rain! and we think judgeing from the water on top of the
ground over the drain field , that the the tank filled with rain water.
Is this terribly bad, what can one do?

Septic tank is *always* full of water. Added water (from house)
flows out to the leach field where it soaks into ground.

If your ground is saturated from rain, excess from house may either
bubble out to surface or backup.

Info he
http://www.motherearthnews.com/top_a..._System_Basics

and

http://www.kitsapcountyhealth.com/en...oss_basics.htm

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

this is a local item subject to your location and specific installation
and its age and condition. just call your local plumber and septic tank
pump out service to get a pumpout, testing, and diagnosis. ask them for
regular care and feeding advice.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oscar_Lives

"A Veteran for Peace" wrote in message
boy did it rain! and we think judgeing from the water on top of the
ground over the drain field , that the the tank filled with rain water.
Is this terribly bad, what can one do?

Call your county inspector and have him take a look at it. He might have
some better ideas.

--
Impeach Bush ! a noble cause
And visit.. alt.impeach.bush

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message

"A Veteran for Peace" wrote in message
boy did it rain! and we think judgeing from the water on top of the
ground over the drain field , that the the tank filled with rain water.
Is this terribly bad, what can one do?

Call your county inspector and have him take a look at it. He might have
some better ideas.

One of my neighbors called in the County Health Dep't to inspect his
neighbors septic system when he smelled an odor from it. The Health Dep't's
"better idea" was to condemn it and require the old guy to come up with
several thousand dollars to replace it with a "mound" system. Plus he had
to pay $400 for a land survey to garantee the installer that it wasn't being
placed on another neighbors land. By the way, the city told the county
health dept that they intended to run a sanitary sewer line to the house in
a year or so but the health dep't said "fix it right now".

--
Impeach Bush ! a noble cause
And visit.. alt.impeach.bush

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dick

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:23:34 -0800, A Veteran for Peace
wrote:

boy did it rain! and we think judgeing from the water on top of the
ground over the drain field , that the the tank filled with rain water.
Is this terribly bad, what can one do?

It's not the septic tank that fills up. It's always full. The rain
water saturates the leach field. When that happens, water flowing
into the septic can't drain into the ground because the ground can't
take any more water. You need to keep the rain water away from the
leach field. I.E. don't let it flood the area. Provide good drainage
so you never have pooling over the leach field.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Oscar_Lives

"Tom" wrote in message

[...]

So, what is the problem? If it was out of code, it needed to be corrected.

I'll bet you are one of those folks who thinks nothing of offending others.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Kraus

So, what is the problem? If it was out of code, it needed to be
corrected.

I'll bet you are one of those folks who thinks nothing of offending
others.

Well, if there is a real timetable to build a sanitary sewer line to the
house maybe the existing system would suffice temporarily with frequent
pump-outs. Just a thought.
Posted to alt.home.repair

establish better drainage for the leach field if possible. otherwise
have the tank pumped out.

it may correct itself if the ground drains quickly.

Septic Tank and Water Softener Alan Whitehouse Home Repair 18 May 29th 18 05:46 PM
How necessary is septic tank pumping? Treatment? [email protected] Home Ownership 7 January 1st 06 11:32 PM
Septic Tank smell Hank Home Repair 3 November 26th 05 04:44 AM
preparing a propane tank for reusal .. pix Grant Erwin Metalworking 5 January 26th 05 05:54 PM
Septic tank - low flow toilets Graham Harrison UK diy 9 December 6th 04 12:06 AM