Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom

Default Septic Tank fills with rain?

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
news:nDcGf.540305$084.359018@attbi_s22...

"A Veteran for Peace" wrote in message
boy did it rain! and we think judgeing from the water on top of the
ground over the drain field , that the the tank filled with rain water.
Is this terribly bad, what can one do?

Call your county inspector and have him take a look at it. He might have
some better ideas.

One of my neighbors called in the County Health Dep't to inspect his
neighbors septic system when he smelled an odor from it. The Health Dep't's
"better idea" was to condemn it and require the old guy to come up with
several thousand dollars to replace it with a "mound" system. Plus he had
to pay $400 for a land survey to garantee the installer that it wasn't being
placed on another neighbors land. By the way, the city told the county
health dept that they intended to run a sanitary sewer line to the house in
a year or so but the health dep't said "fix it right now".

--
Impeach Bush ! a noble cause
And visit.. alt.impeach.bush