Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Vince

Default GFCI device

I am aware that GFCI circuit breakers exist, but when installing an
additional 15 ampere branch circuit, an electrician installed a GFCI
device within an one gang electrical box. How does such a GFCI device
compare to use of a GFCI circuit breaker ? Cost? Reliability? False
alarms ?

How might I go about testing the newly installed GFCI device ?

The additional GFCI branch circuit is required for running a Panasonic
exhaust fan within the wet area.

If I had known of such independent GFCI devices, I would have made use
of it rather than individual GFCI duplex outlets when I added a
circuit branch for auxillary outdoor and garage duplex outlets.

GFCI Question "take two" Home Repair 7 August 2nd 05 07:49 PM
Hand-held "Water Detector" device for cinderblock wall jay Home Repair 6 May 12th 05 07:03 PM
GFCI tripping w/ expresso. Use another plug ? fredinstl Home Repair 2 April 10th 05 01:41 PM
GFCI still tripping fredinstl Home Repair 6 April 9th 05 06:56 PM
wiring question -- switch to GFCI? fnord Home Repair 4 February 7th 05 11:21 PM