Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Viola

Default Save My Marriage!

I dropped my wife's favorite cake dish and the pedestal base came off.
It's a mushroom shape in profile, coffee cup sized base with a dinner
dish sized cake dish on top. The original clear, hard as glass glue
remains on the plate. How do I get this off and once off, what type
adhesive/glue do I use to reattach the base and plate? All advice
appreciated.

Bronx Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan C

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 01:43:21 +0000, Joe Viola wrote:

I dropped my wife's favorite cake dish and the pedestal base came off.
It's a mushroom shape in profile, coffee cup sized base with a dinner
dish sized cake dish on top. The original clear, hard as glass glue
remains on the plate. How do I get this off and once off, what type
adhesive/glue do I use to reattach the base and plate? All advice
appreciated.

Duct tape.

Linux Registered User #327951

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Joe Viola" wrote in message
om...
I dropped my wife's favorite cake dish and the pedestal base came off. It's
a mushroom shape in profile, coffee cup sized base with a dinner dish sized
cake dish on top. The original clear, hard as glass glue remains on the
plate. How do I get this off and once off, what type adhesive/glue do I
use to reattach the base and plate? All advice appreciated.

Are you sure that "hard as glass" glue is not really glass? I'd check out
some local glass workers, glass blowers, stained glass people that may be
able to put it back together again. A good epoxy will hold for a while, but
the dishwasher may do it in.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Taylor

"Joe Viola" wrote in message
om...
I dropped my wife's favorite cake dish and the pedestal base came off. It's
a mushroom shape in profile, coffee cup sized base with a dinner dish sized
cake dish on top. The original clear, hard as glass glue remains on the
plate. How do I get this off and once off, what type adhesive/glue do I
use to reattach the base and plate? All advice appreciated.

That hard-as-glass glue is likely just the glass weld between the plate and
the column. I use epoxy for glass repairs, but this joint gets a lot of
torque, and it is likley not fixable, and cannot be washed except by hand,
after such a difficult repair. Sorry about the marriage
consequences...........

Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

"Joe Viola" wrote in message
om...
I dropped my wife's favorite cake dish and the pedestal base came off. It's
a mushroom shape in profile, coffee cup sized base with a dinner dish sized
cake dish on top. The original clear, hard as glass glue remains on the
plate. How do I get this off and once off, what type adhesive/glue do I
use to reattach the base and plate? All advice appreciated.

Bronx Joe

I would try epoxy. Otherwise, the options seem to be limited to finding a
glass place that can "weld" them together with glass.
Cheers,
cc

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen

Joe Viola writes:

I dropped my wife's favorite cake dish and the pedestal base came
off. It's a mushroom shape in profile, coffee cup sized base with a
dinner dish sized cake dish on top. The original clear, hard as glass
glue remains on the plate. How do I get this off and once off, what
type adhesive/glue do I use to reattach the base and plate? All advice
appreciated.

Save your marriage, go out and buy a replacement nicer than
what you broke. Putting a cake in it might be a nice touch.

Bronx Joe

I grew up in the Baychester area.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Hull

In article ,
Joe Viola wrote:

I dropped my wife's favorite cake dish and the pedestal base came off.
It's a mushroom shape in profile, coffee cup sized base with a dinner
dish sized cake dish on top. The original clear, hard as glass glue
remains on the plate. How do I get this off and once off, what type
adhesive/glue do I use to reattach the base and plate? All advice
appreciated.

Bronx Joe

Use some cheap crazy glue to stick it temporarily and place it where
your wife will bump it and smash it to pieces

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Kraus

Geez people. How can you give this man advice without knowing what the
wife looks like?

°_°
Posted to alt.home.repair
Robertm

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message
k.net...
Geez people. How can you give this man advice without knowing what the
wife looks like?

°_°

You have a point there. Might be easier to replace the wife.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud

Dan Espen wrote:
Joe Viola writes:

I dropped my wife's favorite cake dish and the pedestal base came
off. It's a mushroom shape in profile, coffee cup sized base with a
dinner dish sized cake dish on top. The original clear, hard as glass
glue remains on the plate. How do I get this off and once off, what
type adhesive/glue do I use to reattach the base and plate? All advice
appreciated.

Save your marriage, go out and buy a replacement nicer than
what you broke. Putting a cake in it might be a nice touch.

Screw that. Go out and buy a replacement wife that isn't so hung up on
an inanimate object which clearly was broken by accident.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen

"Larry Bud" writes:

Dan Espen wrote:
Joe Viola writes:

I dropped my wife's favorite cake dish and the pedestal base came
off. It's a mushroom shape in profile, coffee cup sized base with a
dinner dish sized cake dish on top. The original clear, hard as glass
glue remains on the plate. How do I get this off and once off, what
type adhesive/glue do I use to reattach the base and plate? All advice
appreciated.

Save your marriage, go out and buy a replacement nicer than
what you broke. Putting a cake in it might be a nice touch.

Screw that. Go out and buy a replacement wife that isn't so hung up on
an inanimate object which clearly was broken by accident.

Screw that.

Then he'll be paying for the new wife AND the cake dish.
Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207

find a glass blower & have them fix the dish

Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207

find a glass blower & have them fix the dish

Posted to alt.home.repair
Gazoo

"Dan C" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 01:43:21 +0000, Joe Viola wrote:

I dropped my wife's favorite cake dish and the pedestal base came off.
It's a mushroom shape in profile, coffee cup sized base with a dinner
dish sized cake dish on top. The original clear, hard as glass glue
remains on the plate. How do I get this off and once off, what type
adhesive/glue do I use to reattach the base and plate? All advice
appreciated.

Duct tape.

on the plate or the wife?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Suzie-Q

In article ,
Joe Viola wrote:

- I dropped my wife's favorite cake dish and the pedestal base came off.
- It's a mushroom shape in profile, coffee cup sized base with a dinner
- dish sized cake dish on top. The original clear, hard as glass glue
- remains on the plate. How do I get this off and once off, what type
- adhesive/glue do I use to reattach the base and plate? All advice
- appreciated.
-
- Bronx Joe

My vote is for going out and buying a new, crystal cake dish. Wrap it as
a gift and present it with a sincere apology.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/