blueman

Default Harborfreight InsideTrack Club worth it???

Harborfreight offers something called the InsideTrackClub subscription
where for about $1/month, you get a special "club" catalog with
special discounts and closeouts.

Anyone here have any experience with the club? How good are the
specials? What deals have you gotten and does it seem to be worth the
subscription price?

(Please no flames about how bad or good Harborfreight quality tools
are in general -- save that for a separate thread
SQLit

"blueman" wrote in message
Harborfreight offers something called the InsideTrackClub subscription
where for about $1/month, you get a special "club" catalog with
special discounts and closeouts.

Anyone here have any experience with the club? How good are the
specials? What deals have you gotten and does it seem to be worth the
subscription price?

(Please no flames about how bad or good Harborfreight quality tools
are in general -- save that for a separate thread

I have looked into it several times. Like just before a purchase. Since my
purchases there are dependant on my projects. I do not buy a lot any more.
I usually decline ANY service that wants to charge a monthly/yearly fee.
Utilities excluded. Just does not make sense to my CFO (me).

Check their specials for awhile and see how much you would have bought and
what it would have cost you both ways. If your just building a tool
inventory it might make sense to belong for a year. My experience with pay
per month services is that they are a son of a bitch to stop.

Duane Bozarth

blueman wrote:

Harborfreight offers something called the InsideTrackClub subscription
where for about $1/month, you get a special "club" catalog with
special discounts and closeouts.

Anyone here have any experience with the club? How good are the
specials? What deals have you gotten and does it seem to be worth the
subscription price?

Are you in the market for their equipment anyway? If so, try it
out...can't imagine it's anything that would make a major
impact--they're not doing it as a community service project....
zxcvbob

blueman wrote:

Harborfreight offers something called the InsideTrackClub subscription
where for about $1/month, you get a special "club" catalog with
special discounts and closeouts.

Anyone here have any experience with the club? How good are the
specials? What deals have you gotten and does it seem to be worth the
subscription price?

(Please no flames about how bad or good Harborfreight quality tools
are in general -- save that for a separate thread

I can't imagine getting even *more* of their catalogs and flyers in the
mail. :-P

Bob
G Henslee

blueman wrote:
Harborfreight offers something called the InsideTrackClub subscription
where for about $1/month, you get a special "club" catalog with
special discounts and closeouts.

(Please no flames about how bad or good Harborfreight quality tools
are in general -- save that for a separate thread

Okay no flame, but I can't help but LMAO.

Teamcasa

Harborfreight offers something called the InsideTrackClub subscription
where for about $1/month, you get a special "club" catalog with
special discounts and closeouts.

Anyone here have any experience with the club? How good are the
specials? What deals have you gotten and does it seem to be worth the
subscription price?

(Please no flames about how bad or good Harborfreight quality tools
are in general -- save that for a separate thread

This is just to funny! I'll save the response to the quality for later.
Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Weekend wood bog

I did not find it valuable. There was a time or two that an item on the ITC
was MORE than the sale price.

Now we have stores in town and it's worth it to LOOK at the item before you
take it home (or have the delivery bounce it around).

"blueman" wrote in message
Harborfreight offers something called the InsideTrackClub subscription
where for about $1/month, you get a special "club" catalog with
special discounts and closeouts.

Anyone here have any experience with the club? How good are the
specials? What deals have you gotten and does it seem to be worth the
subscription price?

(Please no flames about how bad or good Harborfreight quality tools
are in general -- save that for a separate thread

Stormin Mormon

I just wait a while. Whatever I want, goes on sale 50% off, and sometimes
I've got tools 80% off. How can anyone beat that?

I'm not an inside track member. Well, at least not at Harbor Freight.

Heavenly Father is a different matter. That's a much more divinely run
company, and I have an inside track there.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"blueman" wrote in message
Harborfreight offers something called the InsideTrackClub subscription
where for about $1/month, you get a special "club" catalog with
special discounts and closeouts.

Anyone here have any experience with the club? How good are the
specials? What deals have you gotten and does it seem to be worth the
subscription price?

(Please no flames about how bad or good Harborfreight quality tools
are in general -- save that for a separate thread

TURTLE

"TURTLE" wrote in message
.. .

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
blueman wrote:

Harborfreight offers something called the InsideTrackClub subscription
where for about $1/month, you get a special "club" catalog with
special discounts and closeouts.

Anyone here have any experience with the club? How good are the
specials? What deals have you gotten and does it seem to be worth the
subscription price?

(Please no flames about how bad or good Harborfreight quality tools
are in general -- save that for a separate thread

I can't imagine getting even *more* of their catalogs and flyers in the mail.
:-P

Bob

This is turtle.

Sorry My Trigger finger got itchey and fired by misstake.

TURTLE

G Henslee

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm not an inside track member. Well, at least not at Harbor Freight.

Heavenly Father is a different matter. That's a much more divinely run
company, and I have an inside track there.

Let us know when you get your own planet. Especially if there's a
Harbor Freight there.
Bill Hall

Have been a Member for roughly 1 (one)year. Not really much of a deal. I get
lots of catalogues on a weekly (?) basis as is. Sometimes there is a
"cheaper" deal but not often. Biggest problem was/is I joined at the $20.00
rate, next issue price was reduced to $15,00 ( no refund of course). If you
get the catalogs anyway, save your money and just go on-line for "just as
good" deals. FWIW
Bill
"blueman" wrote in message
Harborfreight offers something called the InsideTrackClub subscription
where for about $1/month, you get a special "club" catalog with
special discounts and closeouts.

Anyone here have any experience with the club? How good are the
specials? What deals have you gotten and does it seem to be worth the
subscription price?

(Please no flames about how bad or good Harborfreight quality tools
are in general -- save that for a separate thread

Erik

In article Ml50e.40889$hA3.7827@trnddc09,
"Bill Hall" wrote:

Have been a Member for roughly 1 (one)year. Not really much of a deal. I get
lots of catalogues on a weekly (?) basis as is. Sometimes there is a
"cheaper" deal but not often. Biggest problem was/is I joined at the $20.00
rate, next issue price was reduced to $15,00 ( no refund of course). If you
get the catalogs anyway, save your money and just go on-line for "just as
good" deals. FWIW
Bill

I signed up for their free e-mail list... they send a load of sale stuff
out a couple of times a week... often including $5 off $50 or more, and
$10 off $100 or more coupons. The coupons are good on sale items too!
You got to go to the retail store though.

See below for a sample mailing (with my account number edited off the
coupon. Also removed was a bunch of opt out links and the like from the
end that contained my address...) You can set your HF mail prefs for
plain text only... good idea IMHO.

I strongly suggest NOT giving them any 'real' contact information, or
real e-mail address. In my case I have one of those free Yahoo web mail
addresses I use just for stuff like this. (Just got a Gmail address too,
think I'm going to start using it as my spam account, as I can both POP
and SMTP to it with Eudora.)

Erik

Dear preferred customer,

Your Favorites on Sale!!!

Come to a Harbor Freight Tools store near you to take advantage of the
Following offers.
Print Out This E-Mail and bring it to your local
Harbor Freight Tools Retail Store!

SAVE $5 on any purchase of $50 or more
or
SAVE $10 on any purchase of $100 or more

ID = (EDITED OUT)

Limit of 1 coupon per household per week.
Hurry in! Prices only good through March 23, 2005.
---------------------------COUPON----------------------------------------
Print this email and take it to your nearest Harbor Freight Tools
store.
Press on the link below to locate a retail store near you!
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...cator/start.do
CHECK OUT THESE GREAT BUYS WHILE AT THE STO
SAVE $40
Chicago Electric
Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw

Item 4095/36595

Was $59.99 Now $19.99
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=04095
SAVE 43%
Chicago Electric
4" Angle Grinder

Item 91222

Was $27.99 Now $15.99
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=91222
SAVE $20
Chicago Electric
1800 PSI Pressure Washer

Item 2433

Was $139.99 Now $119.99
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=02433
SAVE $60
Chicago Electric
220 Volt, 130 TIG/90 Arc Welder Inverter

Item 91811

Was $259.99 Now $199.99
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=91811
SAVE 44%
Grade 43, 3/8'' X 14 FT. Trucker's Chain

Item 40462

Was $26.99 Now $14.99
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=40462
SAVE 33%
Drill Master
115 Piece Titanium Nitride Coated M2 High Speed Steel Drill Bit Set

Item 1611

Was $59.99 Now $39.99
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=01611
SAVE $30
Central Hydraulics
1/2 Ton Capacity Pickup Truck Crane With Cable Winch

Item 37555

Was $129.99 Now $99.99
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=37555
SAVE 33%
US General
1000 LB Capacity Bi-fold Aluminum Ramp

Item 90799

Was $89.99 Now $59.99
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=90799
SAVE 33%
Haul-Master
Excess Cargo Carrier

Item 34313

Was $59.99 Now $39.99
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=34313
Save $100
Central Pneumatic
8 to 10 Gauge 34? Framing Nailer

Item 91054

Was $199.99 Now $99.99
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=91054
CHECK OUT THESE HOT DEALS!
16 Ft X 3/4'' Quick-find Tape Measure
Item 41253 - Reg. $2.99 NOW $.99 - SAVE 67%
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=41253

Bigfoot Hand Truck
Item 37520 - Reg. $59.99 NOW $29.99 - SAVE 50%
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=37520

6'' Digital Caliper
Item 47257 - Reg. $39.99 NOW $15.99 - SAVE 60%
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=47257

1'' X 12 FT. Lashing Strap
Item 40063 - Reg. $1.99 NOW $.99 - SAVE 50%
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=40063

Stainless Steel Solar Garden Lights, Set Of Two
Item 92122 - Reg. $14.99 NOW $11.99 - SAVE 20%
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=92122

Ratchet Action Pruner
Item 34980 - Reg. $19.99 NOW $14.99 - SAVE 25%
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=34980

8 FT. Arch Trellis
Item 43494 - Reg. $8.99 NOW $5.99 - SAVE 33%
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=43494

75 Watt Magnetic Base Light
Item 41558 - Reg. $9.99 NOW $6.99 - SAVE 30%
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=41558

Garden Birdbath
Item 37722 - Reg. $39.99 NOW $24.99 - SAVE 38%
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=37722

50 FT. Super-compact Garden Hose
Item 2421 - Reg. $12.99 NOW $8.99 - SAVE 31%
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=02421

Hurry in!!! Prices only good through March 23, 2005.
This offer only good at Harbor Freight Tools retail stores.

I found a link somplace that let me get in and look at all the inside
track sale prices. They were really no different from the regular sale
prices that you could simply wait for anyway.

Stormin Mormon

When I get my own planet, I can name all the business. Would you like to put
in a request? I'll give you special consideration. And 5% discount at all my
stores.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm not an inside track member. Well, at least not at Harbor Freight.

Heavenly Father is a different matter. That's a much more divinely run
company, and I have an inside track there.

Let us know when you get your own planet. Especially if there's a
Harbor Freight there.

G Henslee

Stormin Mormon wrote:
When I get my own planet, I can name all the business. Would you like to put
in a request? I'll give you special consideration. And 5% discount at all my
stores.

Sure, as long as I don't have to give you 10% of the profits. )
Mark

No.
My neighbor fell for this and it entitled him to more mailings - as if they
are not enough. He realized no other benefits.
Mark

"blueman" wrote in message
Harborfreight offers something called the InsideTrackClub subscription
where for about $1/month, you get a special "club" catalog with
special discounts and closeouts.

Anyone here have any experience with the club? How good are the
specials? What deals have you gotten and does it seem to be worth the
subscription price?

(Please no flames about how bad or good Harborfreight quality tools
are in general -- save that for a separate thread

Rock

Don't buy from harborfreight on-line. They will take your order and
never ship your product.

I waited two weeks, and my drill press hadn't shown up. No feedback
from HF, but after contacting them because it wasn't on my doorstep
yet led to my discovery that they didn't have any stock, that it was
on backorder.

They tried to put the order through two weeks later, assuming I still
wanted the thing, but thank goodness I used the virtual credit card
feature and the time limit had expired, so they were prevented from
processing the order.

Their customer support chat line sucks, to put it bluntly. You have
to wait an indeterminant amount of time, you have to keep watching the
chat window (like you have nothing else to do).

Buying from harbor freight on-line is just a bad experience.

Rock

"blueman" wrote in message
Harborfreight offers something called the InsideTrackClub subscription
where for about $1/month, you get a special "club" catalog with
special discounts and closeouts.

Anyone here have any experience with the club? How good are the
specials? What deals have you gotten and does it seem to be worth the
subscription price?

(Please no flames about how bad or good Harborfreight quality tools
are in general -- save that for a separate thread

Sylvan Butler

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:53:12 -0500, JimL wrote:
Tell me about the virtual credit card.

Where your credit card company issues you a special number that is
limited. Limits include such as one-use, limited time, limited amount,
single payee, etc.

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:46:07 GMT, Rock wrote:
They tried to put the order through two weeks later, assuming I still
wanted the thing, but thank goodness I used the virtual credit card
feature and the time limit had expired, so they were prevented from

sdb

sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com

Harborfreight InsideTrack Club worth it??? blueman Woodworking 17 April 1st 05 04:25 AM
Niagara Club Chris Woodworking 0 March 18th 05 03:10 AM
First State(Delaware)Woodturning Club. harryc Woodturning 0 March 3rd 05 10:20 PM
Club Activities/finaces Michael Lehmann Woodturning 4 February 14th 05 01:47 AM
Urgent: Oliver lathe bed/legs worth anything, anyone? Joe Gorman Woodturning 0 August 26th 04 12:46 PM