Rock

Don't buy from harborfreight on-line. They will take your order and
never ship your product.

I waited two weeks, and my drill press hadn't shown up. No feedback
from HF, but after contacting them because it wasn't on my doorstep
yet led to my discovery that they didn't have any stock, that it was
on backorder.

They tried to put the order through two weeks later, assuming I still
wanted the thing, but thank goodness I used the virtual credit card
feature and the time limit had expired, so they were prevented from
processing the order.

Their customer support chat line sucks, to put it bluntly. You have
to wait an indeterminant amount of time, you have to keep watching the
chat window (like you have nothing else to do).

Buying from harbor freight on-line is just a bad experience.

Rock

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 03:26:36 GMT, "Bill Hall"
wrote:

Have been a Member for roughly 1 (one)year. Not really much of a deal. I get
lots of catalogues on a weekly (?) basis as is. Sometimes there is a
"cheaper" deal but not often. Biggest problem was/is I joined at the $20.00
rate, next issue price was reduced to $15,00 ( no refund of course). If you
get the catalogs anyway, save your money and just go on-line for "just as
good" deals. FWIW
Bill
"blueman" wrote in message
Harborfreight offers something called the InsideTrackClub subscription
where for about $1/month, you get a special "club" catalog with
special discounts and closeouts.

Anyone here have any experience with the club? How good are the
specials? What deals have you gotten and does it seem to be worth the
subscription price?

(Please no flames about how bad or good Harborfreight quality tools
are in general -- save that for a separate thread