Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Save My Marriage!

"Joe Viola" wrote in message
om...
I dropped my wife's favorite cake dish and the pedestal base came off. It's
a mushroom shape in profile, coffee cup sized base with a dinner dish sized
cake dish on top. The original clear, hard as glass glue remains on the
plate. How do I get this off and once off, what type adhesive/glue do I
use to reattach the base and plate? All advice appreciated.

Are you sure that "hard as glass" glue is not really glass? I'd check out
some local glass workers, glass blowers, stained glass people that may be
able to put it back together again. A good epoxy will hold for a while, but
the dishwasher may do it in.