Posted to alt.home.repair
victor

Default Repeated clogs in the same sewer line??????????

I have had repeated clogs in the sewer drain pipe which goes from my
house to the effluent tank about 25 feet from my house. (The effluent
from this tank goes to a larger septic tank where it is then pumped to
a drainage field)

We are very careful about what we flush down the toilet and putting
food scraps in the kitchen sink.

I have had this problem drain line electronically rootered several
times from the outside clean out plug, and it clears the line, only to
have it clog up two months later.
At times I have even tried using a plunger at the clean out plug and
that has also given a temporary fix.

What is your guess as to what the problem might be????
Thanks for your help

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stretch

I see that a lot with people who use TIDE laundry detergent. If you
use Tide, try switching to another detergent.

Or it could be roots.

Stretch

Posted to alt.home.repair
John Hines

"victor" wrote:

I have had this problem drain line electronically rootered several
times from the outside clean out plug, and it clears the line, only to
have it clog up two months later.

snip
What is your guess as to what the problem might be????

Root it out again, and pull back some of the stuff doing the clogging?

Otherwise, SWAG says tree roots breaking into the pipe or a connection
(hub)?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Bert Byfield

I have had this problem drain line electronically rootered several
times from the outside clean out plug, and it clears the line, only to
have it clog up two months later.

Ask whoever does the rooting what's in there. If they are cutting through
roots, they should know. You might try looking down the cleanout plug with
a flashlight. I finally dug down to expose the pipe for my similar problem,
and found the roots getting in through an old pipe joint.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"victor" wrote in message
I have had this problem drain line electronically rootered several
times from the outside clean out plug, and it clears the line, only to
have it clog up two months later.

What is your guess as to what the problem might be????

The rooter guy is not going to tell you since he has a steady source of
income. Find someone (plumber) with a camera setup and have him take a
look. It may cost a few bucks, but once you see the problem you may be able
to make a permanent fix.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oscar_Lives

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"victor" wrote in message
I have had this problem drain line electronically rootered several
times from the outside clean out plug, and it clears the line, only to
have it clog up two months later.

What is your guess as to what the problem might be????

The rooter guy is not going to tell you since he has a steady source of
income. Find someone (plumber) with a camera setup and have him take a
look. It may cost a few bucks, but once you see the problem you may be
able to make a permanent fix.

The camera is going to show a ****ty view.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Robertm

"victor" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have had repeated clogs in the sewer drain pipe which goes from my
house to the effluent tank about 25 feet from my house. (The effluent
from this tank goes to a larger septic tank where it is then pumped to
a drainage field)

We are very careful about what we flush down the toilet and putting
food scraps in the kitchen sink.

I have had this problem drain line electronically rootered several
times from the outside clean out plug, and it clears the line, only to
have it clog up two months later.
At times I have even tried using a plunger at the clean out plug and
that has also given a temporary fix.

What is your guess as to what the problem might be????
Thanks for your help

I had one like this. Due to settling, the pipe between the house and the
street sagged so the pipe went down and then back up. It was only a few
inches but enough for everything to settle in the low spot and every few
months block the pipe with sediment. Had to replace the pipe and put in some
fill underneath.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
victor

Guys-Thanks for your help!..........Just wanted to add.....-the pipe is
4" white drainage pipe, the run to the septic tank is about 25 feet.
The pipe is routed under some 5 foot high yews planted about 3 feet
from the house

Is plastic drainge pipe also prone to root problems?

Posted to alt.home.repair
nospambob

Our semiannual rotorooter problem went away after we started Root Kill
in the plumbing section of the box store. Copper something and it
works for us. Spring and Fall a cup as last flush at night.

On 24 Nov 2005 21:34:34 -0800, "victor" wrote:

Guys-Thanks for your help!..........Just wanted to add.....-the pipe is
4" white drainage pipe, the run to the septic tank is about 25 feet.
The pipe is routed under some 5 foot high yews planted about 3 feet
from the house

Is plastic drainge pipe also prone to root problems?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Duane Bozarth

....Top posting repaired...

nospambob wrote:

On 24 Nov 2005 21:34:34 -0800, "victor" wrote:

Guys-Thanks for your help!..........Just wanted to add.....-the pipe is
4" white drainage pipe, the run to the septic tank is about 25 feet.
The pipe is routed under some 5 foot high yews planted about 3 feet
from the house

Is plastic drainge pipe also prone to root problems?

Not so badly as joints don't tend to open and it doesn't rot like cast
or galvanized or crack like clay tile...

Our semiannual rotorooter problem went away after we started Root Kill
in the plumbing section of the box store. Copper something ...

....Sulfate...