Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Jack

Default My Spouse Let A Mouse In The House

And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets.
Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without
tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece?
What to do, what to do??
Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Amy L.

Get the tray with the sticky glue and put some peanut butter on it. The
mouse will stick to it and than you will need to "dispose" of the mouse as
there is no way to remove him without injuring to release.

Amy

"Jack" wrote in message
And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets.
Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without
tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece?
What to do, what to do??

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
CJT

Jack wrote:

And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets.
Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without
tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece?
What to do, what to do??

Third night's a charm. Maybe a smaller (easier to trip) trap?

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Rich Greenberg

In article ,
Jack wrote:
And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets.
Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without
tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece?
What to do, what to do??

You are putting too much PB on the trap. Just a bit and smear it into
the openings on the trigger.

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
ameijers

"Jack" wrote in message
And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets.
Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without
tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece?
What to do, what to do??

Google for 'mouse bucket trap'. Kitchen chair, with old towel tied to back.
5g plastic (slick-sided) bucket on floor next to chair. Ruler with peanut
butter smeared on end, balanced to make bridge from chair to bucket. Mouse
walks out to get peanut butter, ruler and mouse fall in bucket. If you don't
mind being grossed out, six inches of water in bucket, otherwise take bucket
at least a mile from house to release. Always worked for my family, in
several different states.

aem sends...

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
buffalobill

we use a sticky trap rat sized with attractant scent built in [peanut
butter] in a cardboard covered box placed against the baseboard with
entry and exit holes at the baseboard edge. the box will discourage
most well fed older dogs but the cat will want to stick his paw in the
box. the sticky trap will reduce his chances of getting away and
stinking up your house [like when he dies from eating dcon] in a wall
or unreachable space.

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
BobK207

sure fire means for rats (& mice, they're dumber)

3 nights....... bait but don't set

4th night....... bait AND set

only use about a pinky finger nails worth of PB

use at least 3 or 4 traps.............get hin & any friends

cheers
Bob

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
zxcvbob

What a louse!

Best regards,
Bob
Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Dave

"Jack" wrote in message

And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets.
Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without
tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece?
What to do, what to do??

Adopt a cat (not a kitten), and one raised on a farm with a mother that is a
good hunter. -Dave

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Billzz

"Amy L." wrote in message
Get the tray with the sticky glue and put some peanut butter on it. The
mouse will stick to it and than you will need to "dispose" of the mouse as
there is no way to remove him without injuring to release.

Amy

Just get a little blindfold and put it on the little rat, then tie it to a
Popsicle stick and get all the neighborhood kids, with BB guns to be the
firing squad.

The only problem is that the little rat might ask for a last cigarette, and
it takes *forever* to teach them how to smoke!

Today's Trivia: Mickey Mouse, in Spanish, is Miguelito Ratonchita.

"Jack" wrote in message
And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets.
Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without
tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece?
What to do, what to do??

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

There is two way to get rid of rats in Louisiana.

1 Get you some real rat poison and take the package and don't open it
and put the package where you think he can't get to it somewhere in a
closet or behind stoves. the harder it is to find, the more he will eat
of it. If he has to open it , he thinks you did not want him in it. Rat
eat Decon for a Party mix as a Snack food !

2 Take a sticky mat and take a small piece of Bacon and burn it with a
match to almost nothing at all. Then put the mat with the bascon in the
middle of it is a place where you would think you was tring hide it
from him. the next morning he will be in it.

1 or 2 here will work.

TURTLE

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
loomis

Go to your local shelter, pound, or human society and adopt a cat. An
adult cat that has been neutered or spayed already would be great,
since older cats have trouble finding homes.

All cats will fix your mouse problem real fast, and make for a great
friend too!

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:04:56 GMT, (Jack) wrote:

And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets.
Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without
tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece?
What to do, what to do??

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Jeff Wisnia

ameijers wrote:
"Jack" wrote in message

And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets.
Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without
tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece?
What to do, what to do??

Google for 'mouse bucket trap'. Kitchen chair, with old towel tied to back.
5g plastic (slick-sided) bucket on floor next to chair. Ruler with peanut
butter smeared on end, balanced to make bridge from chair to bucket. Mouse
walks out to get peanut butter, ruler and mouse fall in bucket. If you don't
mind being grossed out, six inches of water in bucket, otherwise take bucket
at least a mile from house to release. Always worked for my family, in
several different states.

aem sends...

You left out the "climbing assist" to make it easier for the rodent to
climb up.

Click on the fourth thumnail in the second row, on my homepage:

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Jeff Wisnia

Dave wrote:

"Jack" wrote in message

And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets.
Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without
tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece?
What to do, what to do??

Adopt a cat (not a kitten), and one raised on a farm with a mother that is a
good hunter. -Dave

Our cat "Lardass" got so fat and lazy he had to use traps himself:

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/mousetrap3.jpg

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Billzz

"mm" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 19:05:58 -0800, "Billzz"
wrote:

"Amy L." wrote in message
om...
Get the tray with the sticky glue and put some peanut butter on it. The
mouse will stick to it and than you will need to "dispose" of the mouse
as
there is no way to remove him without injuring to release.

Amy

Just get a little blindfold and put it on the little rat, then tie it to a
Popsicle stick and get all the neighborhood kids, with BB guns to be the
firing squad.

The only problem is that the little rat might ask for a last cigarette,
and
it takes *forever* to teach them how to smoke!

Couldn't he get a smoking rat from one of those cancer studies, and
let it teach his rat how to smoke?

In those studies, when the study is over, don't they sell the rats to
resuce organizations, like with old greyhounds and chimpanzees, when
they're done racing and being studied?

Yes, but it costs an absolute fortune to keep them. It's the little oxygen
bottles. Not to mention the RDA (Rodent Disability Act) requirements that
make you have wheelchair accessible mousetraps.

"Jack" wrote in message
And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets.
Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without
tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece?
What to do, what to do??

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
The Real Bev

Jack wrote:

And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets.
Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without
tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece?
What to do, what to do??

Tweak around with the trap until it has a hair trigger. Put a piece of fruit
on the little tab and wrap thread around it a few times. Then smear it with
peanut butter.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
The Real Bev

buffalobill wrote:

we use a sticky trap rat sized with attractant scent built in [peanut
butter] in a cardboard covered box placed against the baseboard with
entry and exit holes at the baseboard edge. the box will discourage
most well fed older dogs but the cat will want to stick his paw in the
box. the sticky trap will reduce his chances of getting away and
stinking up your house [like when he dies from eating dcon] in a wall
or unreachable space.

Theory has it that they get really thirsty and run outside for water. Or else
they jump into your toilet, so keep the lid down. Or not.

When we had mice I set the traps in little paper bags. If I saw a tail
sticking out of the bag I just took the whole thing outside and put it in the
trash. I started doing this after one got caught only by its nose and jumped
at me when I started to pick up the trap.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Peanut butter makes the mouse feet slippery and unable to stick to the trap

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

One of my uncles was painting the fence over a year ago
and came in to wash his hands and didn't close the door tight..

I saw the mouse sneak under the dishwasher.. I turned on the
dishwasher and the heat and magnetism killed the little bugger..

I had a hard time beleiving how small this one was (finger sized)
until I saw one in the part more recently the same size.

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Abe M.

My wife let a mouse in the house too. It took over two weeks to get rid
of it. Glue traps work BUT you need the kind that is pheremone-baited,
one for males and the other for females (we got the one-size fits all,
which was a compromise). You have to think like a mouse to know where
to set these. I placed them underneath and behind baseboards, where
they hide. You can imagine how tedious this was. Pistachio nuts were
the bait- we don't eat peanut butter in our house. Peanut butter
attracts ants.

By the second week, the wife was getting desperate and was about ready
to hire a professional exterminator. My cheapness and intransigence
finally won out. This saved me $150 but what a nuisance and annoyance.
The little pest left a lot of feces in the kitchen, and that was where
I set the traps. Rest in hell, filthy rodent.

Good luck to the homeowner. I can sympathize.

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

In by mm
on Mon, 21 Nov 2005 00:30:08 -0500 we perused:
*+-In those studies, when the study is over, don't they sell the rats to
*+-resuce organizations, like with old greyhounds and chimpanzees, when
*+-they're done racing and being studied?

The technical term is "sacrifice the animal"

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

About a decade ago, there was a big animal rights brouhaha in
Holland because they did a show on how the ancient Romans cooked. So
they took a doormouse by the tail, dunked it in a goblet of wine so it
wouldn't feel a thing and then roasted it by the tail over an open
flame. This is was before the advent of Bubonic Plague. Perhaps it was
even the cause.

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

I thought Meese was the plural of Moose?

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
ameijers

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
ameijers wrote:
"Jack" wrote in message

[...]

No I didn't- see the line about the old towel tied to the chair. I think a
lot of people have invented this independently- I learned it from my
brother, the physics major who ended up working as an industrial engineer.

aem sends...

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
wkearney99

The brand-name (De-con?) glue traps I bought said that if you put
vegetable oil on the sticky stuff, it would let go. I'm pretty sure
it was in the instructions.

Jack, if you do this, remember to do it outside.
And rather far away from your house.

They're vermin for pity's sake, do not release them.

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Jeff Wisnia

ameijers wrote:

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

No I didn't- see the line about the old towel tied to the chair. I think a
lot of people have invented this independently- I learned it from my
brother, the physics major who ended up working as an industrial engineer.

That "thwock" sound you just heard all the way over where you are was me
giving myself a "dope slap".

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Mike Berger

That's normal. Re-bait the trap and keep trying. Use
Skippy Super-Chunk peanut butter and jam the chunks in.

Jack wrote:
And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets.
Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without
tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece?
What to do, what to do??

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Mike Berger

If you have a magnetic field in your house strong enough
to kill a mouse, GET OUT OF THERE RIGHT AWAY.

wrote:

I saw the mouse sneak under the dishwasher.. I turned on the
dishwasher and the heat and magnetism killed the little bugger..

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Tush Smells Bush Kills!!!!!!!!!!!

Kill the wife and marry the mouse. Then you'll have smarter children.

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Gary Dyrkacz

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:22:16 -0600, Mike Berger
wrote:

New superconducting variation on the magnetic water softener ploy.
Howeve, this technology also has the additional benefit of allowing
you to do self- MRI scans, if your willing to sit in the drum.

wrote:

I saw the mouse sneak under the dishwasher.. I turned on the
dishwasher and the heat and magnetism killed the little bugger..

Gary Dyrkacz

Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+
http://home.comcast.net/~dyrgcmn/
Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
HeyBub

Jack wrote:
And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets.
Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without
tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece?
What to do, what to do??

Think cat.

You can even borrow one.

Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Gordon Burditt

And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets.
Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without
tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece?
What to do, what to do??

First, decided which is more of a problem: the mouse or the spouse.

If the mouse let the spouse in, get a cat (Bengal tigers are nice).
Spouse traps are heavy and the bait tends to be expensive (but
diamonds work well). Be sure you don't get trapped yourself.

There are plenty of ways for a mouse to get in that doesn't require
them to be "let" in (I've seen them get in under closed garage
doors, up the garage door and into the attic, and from there it's
not hard for them to get into the house near furnace and A/C ducts.

Gordon L. Burditt

A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 12:29 AM
Can credit card companies put lean on my house for non payment? ississauga Home Ownership 27 September 29th 04 11:02 AM
Contacting contractor to buy our house? (Long) Cina Home Ownership 4 March 4th 04 04:31 AM
House Moisture JAG Home Repair 6 August 29th 03 06:53 PM
another 'house not selling' lament RPC Home Ownership 13 July 29th 03 11:51 PM