Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Abe M.

Default My Spouse Let A Mouse In The House

My wife let a mouse in the house too. It took over two weeks to get rid
of it. Glue traps work BUT you need the kind that is pheremone-baited,
one for males and the other for females (we got the one-size fits all,
which was a compromise). You have to think like a mouse to know where
to set these. I placed them underneath and behind baseboards, where
they hide. You can imagine how tedious this was. Pistachio nuts were
the bait- we don't eat peanut butter in our house. Peanut butter
attracts ants.

By the second week, the wife was getting desperate and was about ready
to hire a professional exterminator. My cheapness and intransigence
finally won out. This saved me $150 but what a nuisance and annoyance.
The little pest left a lot of feces in the kitchen, and that was where
I set the traps. Rest in hell, filthy rodent.

Good luck to the homeowner. I can sympathize.