Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Default Getting rid of Mouse

Hi,

We have got a mouse in our house and we want to know best way to get him
out of the house.

We do not want to kill him. Ultrasound system any good?

Rajinder

Joseph Meehan

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
Hi,

We have got a mouse in our house and we want to know best way to get
him out of the house.

We do not want to kill him. Ultrasound system any good?

Those things are worthless except that they make money to those selling
them

Rajinder

I used glue traps. My daughter that was about 10 at the time, could not
allow any animal to die. So with gloves and care, the mouse was removed
from the trap and cleaned up with alcohol. My daughter keep it in a cage
for the next few years until it died of old age. Today my daughter is a zoo
keeper. Love of animals runs in the family.

I suggest checking at your local hardware store. Most have live traps
that work OK if they are bated with the right stuff and put in the right
area.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

FACE

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 10:49:19 GMT, "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
wrote:

Hi,

We have got a mouse in our house and we want to know best way to get him
out of the house.

We do not want to kill him. Ultrasound system any good?

Rajinder

What would you do if you had termites?

FACE

ameijers

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

My family has always had success with a home-made live trap consisting of a
kitchen chair, an old towel, a five-gallon plastic bucket, a 12-inch ruler,
and some peanut butter. Tie the towel to the back of the chair to provide a
ladder for the mouse. Put the bucket on the floor by the chair. Smear the
peanut butter on the end of the ruler, and balance it on the chair and the
bucket to make a bridge, such that when the mouse walks out to the end of
the ruler to eat the peanut butter, the ruler falls in the bucket. Note that
the ruler has to be shorter than the bucket is tall, or the mouse will just
climb out. Place in whatever room the mouse hangs out in, before you go to
bed at night. Within 2-3 days, I bet you have the mouse. Carry bucket at
least a block away before releasing the mouse, or he will beat you home. You
did block up the usual outside entry points already, right?

aem sends...

Amun

wrote:

Hi,

We have got a mouse in our house and we want to know best way to get him
out of the house.

We do not want to kill him. Ultrasound system any good?

Rajinder

What would you do if you had termites?

FACE

One would no doubt have to use much smaller chairs, rulers and buckets.

AMUN

Banty

In article , Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt
says...

Hi,

We have got a mouse in our house and we want to know best way to get him
out of the house.

We do not want to kill him. Ultrasound system any good?

There are live mouse traps. Google on "Havahart" and "Live mouse traps".

I couldn't find it on the web, but we still have a live trap which consists in a
wire dome with an open top. The mice would go in for bait, and could not climb
out. They'd be released through a trap door in the bottom.

Release far from the house (like a mile or so at least) or they find their way
back.

Although, really it just give mice a fighting chance. I think we mostly fed the
owls.

Banty

G Henslee

Joseph Meehan wrote:

I used glue traps. My daughter that was about 10 at the time, could not
allow any animal to die. So with gloves and care, the mouse was removed
from the trap and cleaned up with alcohol. My daughter keep it in a cage
for the next few years until it died of old age. Today my daughter is a zoo
keeper. Love of animals runs in the family.

Joe,
There's a big assed rat in here named AMUN. Do you suggest glue traps
or snap traps? I don't haveaheart when it comes to this putz so
personally I'd recommend snap traps.
Dan_Musicant

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 13:01:06 GMT, "ameijers"
wrote:

:
[...]

That's really a hoot, and it sounds like a sure winner.

A. Smith

ameijers wrote:
[...]

The mouse is gonna have a heart attack.

Note that
the ruler has to be shorter than the bucket is tall, or the mouse will just
climb out. Place in whatever room the mouse hangs out in, before you go to
bed at night. Within 2-3 days, I bet you have the mouse. Carry bucket at
least a block away before releasing the mouse, or he will beat you home. You
did block up the usual outside entry points already, right?

aem sends...

Bert Byfield

Although, really it just give mice a fighting chance. I think we
mostly fed the owls. Banty

Nature is not as caring for little critters as some people are. I use cats,
myself, and see the termination of house mice as leaving more food for the
smarter field mice, like in the movie *Never Cry Wolf*.

Stormin Mormon

Let me guess, you are upper class liberals with expensive tastes, and you
vote deomocrap?

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" wrote in message
Hi,

We have got a mouse in our house and

We do not want to kill him.

Stormin Mormon

Write to your elected officials?

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"Rich" wrote in message
Have you served it with an eviction notice?

"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" wrote in message
Hi,

We have got a mouse in our house and we want to know best way to get him
out of the house.

We do not want to kill him. Ultrasound system any good?

Rajinder

Joseph Meehan

ameijers wrote:

[...]

That reminds me of one the one that did not end up in the usual trap. I
was sitting in the kitchen with our cat on my lap when I spotted a mouse
running down the counter towards the spot where the cat food bowl was
sitting. Cat and I about three feet away watched the mouse hop into the
bowl grab a chow and head off around the counter and jumped down at the end
to run behind the frig.

I got the large trash can and emptied it and sat back down. The mouse
returned and I put the trash can at the end of the counter where he jumped
the last time. It worked, he ran back the same way and took the same jump,
only this time he landed in the trash can and it was too high to jump out of
and too slick to climb.

My cat was a lover not a killer. He caught our parakeet one time and
carefully brought it over to me and put it in my hand unhurt. When a bird
from outside got in, he caught it and brought it to me unhurt. I would not
think either of my cats I have now would bring it to me unhurt.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

willshak

On 10/2/2005 6:49 AM US(ET), Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt took fingers to
keyboard, and typed the following:

Hi,

We have got a mouse in our house and we want to know best way to get him
out of the house.

We do not want to kill him. Ultrasound system any good?

Rajinder

I've used a small clear plastic live trap box bought in some hardware
store. It was about 6" long and about 2" wide and high. It has a
swinging door at one end that allows the mouse to push in, but does not
swing back out. It has no mechanical or metal parts. It was only a
couple of dollars, if that, and was reusable. I put a cracker with
peanut butter at the far end of the box. I caught 14 of them in a shed
within a month or two a couple of years ago. They were getting in
through the hollow vinyl plastic siding corners of the shed. They
climbed up inside the hollow corners into the soffits where they had
free reign to go anywhere in the shed. I sealed the bottom ends of the
vinyl corners afterwards with both steel wool and expanding foam
insulation.

--
Bill
G Henslee

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
Hi,

We have got a mouse in our house and we want to know best way to get him
out of the house.

We do not want to kill him. Ultrasound system any good?

Rajinder

Sell and move. By the time you catch it, it will have had babies.
Hundreds and hundreds of them will soon invade you.
MaryL

"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" wrote in message
Hi,

We have got a mouse in our house and we want to know best way to get him
out of the house.

We do not want to kill him. Ultrasound system any good?

Rajinder

I don't have any suggestions for getting rid of this one, beyond the
suggestions already made (but I do suspect that you probably have more than
one -- seeing one usually indicates that there are others). My suggestion
is that you need to locate any points of possible access to your home and
seal them to prevent other mice from entering. Look carefully for holes,
cracks, and fisures, especially if you live in an older home. Check for
open spaces around plumbing and cracks in plaster. Then carefully *plug*
all such spaces. We found that steel wool stuffed firmly into all such
areas worked best.

MaryL

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Let me guess, you are upper class liberals with expensive tastes, and you
vote deomocrap?

Yes, if they were Bushies, when they saw a mouse in the house they
would invade the hamster cage at the local pet store.

Stormin Mormon

One of the rare moments when I laughed out loud at something I saw on the
net. Thank you for lightening my day.

Lets see, Green Party folks would call the government and insist that the
mouse be removeed without hurting it.

What about conservatives, or Perot party folks?

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"z" wrote in message
oups.com...

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Let me guess, you are upper class liberals with expensive tastes, and you
vote deomocrap?

Yes, if they were Bushies, when they saw a mouse in the house they
would invade the hamster cage at the local pet store.

Amun

"z" wrote in message
oups.com...

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
One of the rare moments when I laughed out loud at something I saw on the
net. Thank you for lightening my day.

Lets see, Green Party folks would call the government and insist that the
mouse be removeed without hurting it.

Nope, green party folks would kick out the owners and declare the house a
wildlife refuge.

AMUN

Mister Sensitive

If you see one, there are probably 50 more. They can spread disease, rip
all the insulation out of your large appliances, but yes, they're cute.

There is nothing in the world like a cat to get rid of them. All other
methods are just exercises in frustration, or poisonous.

[...]

Heathcliff

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
Hi,

We have got a mouse in our house and we want to know best way to get him
out of the house.

We do not want to kill him. Ultrasound system any good?

Rajinder

We tend to get a couple/few mice every fall. My experience has been
that there is no way to keep them out -- there's always some crack
somewhere they can get in. I have had good luck with a no-kill trap,
and then letting them go somewhere far away. I bought the trap at a
hardware store. The trap I have is a small plastic box. You put bait
in (peanut butter on a cracker works well) and set it carefully in a
likely spot (like where you have seen the droppings). When a mouse
goes in the box tips back and the door swings shut and latches.
Sometimes it takes a few tries to get the mouse -- the trap somehow
tips accidentally, or sometimes the mouse somehow gets the bait without
activating the trap. But it always works eventually. Set it up when
you go to bed and check it first thing in the morning. You can then
release the mouse in a natural area, or near someone's house you don't
like! -- H

G Hensley

Heathcliff wrote:
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:

Hi,

We have got a mouse in our house

I have had good luck with a no-kill trap,
and then letting them go somewhere far away.

Yeah right next to Rajinder's house.

Amun wrote:

Lets see, Green Party folks would call the government and insist that the
mouse be removeed without hurting it.

Nope, green party folks would kick out the owners and declare the house a
wildlife refuge.

AMUN

Yup, sorry Stormin, I gotta award this one to Amun.

G Hensley

z wrote:
Amun wrote:

Lets see, Green Party folks would call the government and insist that the
mouse be removeed without hurting it.

Nope, green party folks would kick out the owners and declare the house a
wildlife refuge.

AMUN

Yup, sorry Stormin, I gotta award this one to Amun.

Then you're bigger idiot than your hero.

--
WARNING:

Do NOT under any circumstances take advice from an idiot named AMUN.

Regarding tile, electrical, HVAC, painting, drywall, plastering, lawn
mower repair and various other construction issues, AMUN is a clueless
moron. As things go AMUN will dissapear as his kind usually does when
confronted with their bad advice by those who are knowledgeable in their
respective fields. Until then - BEWARE

G Hensley wrote:
z wrote:
Amun wrote:

Lets see, Green Party folks would call the government and insist that the
mouse be removeed without hurting it.

Nope, green party folks would kick out the owners and declare the house a
wildlife refuge.

AMUN

Yup, sorry Stormin, I gotta award this one to Amun.

Then you're bigger idiot than your hero.

--
WARNING:

Do NOT under any circumstances take advice from an idiot named AMUN.

Regarding tile, electrical, HVAC, painting, drywall, plastering, lawn
mower repair and various other construction issues, AMUN is a clueless
moron. As things go AMUN will dissapear as his kind usually does when
confronted with their bad advice by those who are knowledgeable in their
respective fields. Until then - BEWARE

How's about jokes, he okay for those?

Amun

"z" wrote in message
oups.com...

G Hensley wrote:
z wrote:
Amun wrote:

[...]

Nope, no mention of jokes there, jokes must still be okay.

LOL

AMUN

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
Hi,

We have got a mouse in our house and we want to know best way to get him
out of the house.

We do not want to kill him. Ultrasound system any good?

Rajinder

Also, people say mothballs will repel them (especially in closed spaces
like cupboards). You could combine the mothballs with my sticky floor
idea and make the place really undesirable for them.

Rudy

The joke is that GHenslee @ GHensley has had to change his name here on the
NG
so the thousands that have killfiled his PITA remarks don't get to 'miss'
him anymore..

BYE (again) Mr. H

G Hensley wrote:
WARNING:

Do NOT under any circumstances take advice from blah blah blah.

Regarding tile, electrical, HVAC, painting, drywall, plastering, lawn
mower repair and various other construction issues, blah blah blah