aha

Default Best mouse pad ever--no charge.

If you still have a "ball" mouse and are tired of cleaning it, just
throw out your mouse pad and use a large, old, cloth-bound book. It
will stay where you put it, and the old linen cover won't produce
lint. I stumbled across this idea out of frustration, and my mouse
has worked flawlessly ever since. Clean your mouse ball and rollers
first, of course. Use isopropyl alcohol and a Q-tip or toothpick to
get the junk off the interior rollers. Never underestimate low
high-tech!

jeffc

"aha" wrote in message
om...
If you still have a "ball" mouse and are tired of cleaning it, just
throw out your mouse pad and use a large, old, cloth-bound book. It
will stay where you put it, and the old linen cover won't produce
lint.

Of course, you'll need surgery on your wrist after using something that high
off your desk, but hey - knock yourself out.

Joe C

or, you could take the cover off the book and its profile would be lower
than a lot of the high tech pads out there.

again, never underestimate low-tech.

"jeffc" wrote in message
. com...

"aha" wrote in message
om...
If you still have a "ball" mouse and are tired of cleaning it, just
throw out your mouse pad and use a large, old, cloth-bound book. It
will stay where you put it, and the old linen cover won't produce
lint.

Of course, you'll need surgery on your wrist after using something that

high
off your desk, but hey - knock yourself out.

or, you could take the cover off the book and its profile would be lower
than a lot of the high tech pads out there.

again, never underestimate low-tech.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Joe C" wrote in message
or, you could take the cover off the book and its profile would be lower
than a lot of the high tech pads out there.

I did just that. I had a few old books to get rid of so I cut off a cover.
Works well.