Dan_Musicant

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 13:01:06 GMT, "ameijers"
wrote:

:
:My family has always had success with a home-made live trap consisting of a
:kitchen chair, an old towel, a five-gallon plastic bucket, a 12-inch ruler,
:and some peanut butter. Tie the towel to the back of the chair to provide a
:ladder for the mouse. Put the bucket on the floor by the chair. Smear the
eanut butter on the end of the ruler, and balance it on the chair and the
:bucket to make a bridge, such that when the mouse walks out to the end of
:the ruler to eat the peanut butter, the ruler falls in the bucket. Note that
:the ruler has to be shorter than the bucket is tall, or the mouse will just
:climb out. Place in whatever room the mouse hangs out in, before you go to
:bed at night. Within 2-3 days, I bet you have the mouse. Carry bucket at
:least a block away before releasing the mouse, or he will beat you home. You
:did block up the usual outside entry points already, right?

That's really a hoot, and it sounds like a sure winner.