Philip Lewis

I'm supprised noone has pointed folks he
http://images.google.com/images?q=dog+poop+sign

Some are kinda funny.

--
be safe.
flip

Duane Bozarth

Richard wrote:

He's just a jerk and I do want to find the perfect way of letting this guy
know it and, ultimately, have him stop what he's doing.

There is no "perfect" way to deal w/ a jerk, but the first step is to
knock on the door an politely ask for him to refrain from the behavior
in question--the other jerks whose first reaction is to resort to
equally offensive, rude behavior are a prime reason for eventual
lawsuits or retaliatory actions over such mundane issues.

If a request doesn't suffice, then more aggressive steps can be
followed, but it's almost assured that an initial agressive action will
only provoke an even more aggressive reaction that quite likely would
spread to other areas in spite...

imo, ymmv, $0.02, etc., ...

Thank goodness we have no neighbors...
Doug Miller

In article , "AllEmailDeletedImmediately" wrote:

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
. ..

I've seen cocker spaniels that have turds bigger than some large dogs.

then the poor thing was getting really crappy, cheap food. even with good
food, my dog's piles are too large to scoop, so i have to catch it.

OK, I'm having a hard time envisioning that. You mean you reach under the
dog's butt and catch the stuff in your (hopefully gloved) hand? Or the dog
wears a net on his ass? Or what?

I gotta think that a shovel is easier...

and i'm not talking about the actual pile size. i'm talking turd diameter.
the exit hole of a cocker spaniel is much smaller than that of a great dane.
if they're both fed the same food, the great dane will not only have more,
due to being fed more, but the diameter will be larger.

You're waaaaaaay too interested in this.

--
Regards,

Jim Yanik

Richard wrote in
news

With regards to people saying it's vandalism to return his dog mess,
that's just pure nonsense.

No,it's not. Toilet papering his house or tree is vandalism,tossing dog
crap on his property is also vandalism.If -they- taped you doing it,they
could have the police cite you for vandalism.

I'm not going to throw it at his house or
car. I'd put it in his yard or driveway. Or, I still like my
original thought of putting it in a bag and handing it to him in
person.

Then they have you for harassment.

He's just a jerk and I do want to find the perfect way of letting this
guy know it and, ultimately, have him stop what he's doing.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net
Jim Yanik

"BillC" wrote in
ink.net:

One approach- BB gun, shoot the dog in the ass whenever you see it in
your yard. It'll quickly learn to stay out.

Better to just turn on the lawn sprinkler system and soak the dog AND the
owner.Less likely to get you a visit from the police,too.

Of course,if it were legal(it's not),a paintball gun would be better than a
BB gun.
Use non-washable paintballs,the kind for marking cattle.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Kendall P. Bullen

In article ,
Richard wrote:

He is trespassing as soon as he's told not to return.

But DID you ask him politely not to do this, or not? Sorry, I don't
remember you saying that you had.

Also, do you have a local poop & scoop law? Have you pointed that out
to him?

out and wait for him so I could tell him to knock it off as it's just plain
rude.

Why do you have to catch him? If you've seen him do it once and know it
keeps happening, you could still politely approach him and ask him not
to use your lawn as his dog's dumping ground.

He's just a jerk and I do want to find the perfect way of letting this guy
know it and, ultimately, have him stop what he's doing.

Still wondering, have you asked him politely and pointed out he's
trespassing, etc. etc. etc.

Kendall

--
Kendall P. Bullen http://www.his.com/~kendall/
kendall@---^^^^^^^

Never e-mail me copies of Usenet postings, please.
I do read the groups to which I post!
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

SteveB wrote:
Evidently you have never owned a dog. They relieve themselves on
walks and thats all there is to it. Sure, a decent person cleans
up after their dog, but is hardly a matter of trespassing.

Evidently, you are a liberal.

Any dog owner that allows their animal to relieve themselves at will and not
clean up after it is simply irresponsible. Sure, I know that it is the
nature of wild animals. I also know that it is important not to have the
animal feel badly about itself, or to cause any problems that might result
in counselling. Or to appear germophobic, or scataphobic.

And your views on the rights of the public on private property shows
liberalism, too. You might read up on trespassing laws in your community.

I doubt you will, as you appear to think the typical liberal bent.

Steve

Im a liberal. I don't see what this has to do with being liberal? Am I
supposed to let any random person/animal on my yard because I'm liberal?

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert
SteveB

"CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
[...]

CL: The poster I cited stated that he thought that a dog coming onto
private property did not constitute trespassing. I said I thought his
attitude was too liberal.

Steve

Greg Pernell

Richard wrote:

My neighbor is letting his dog use my front yard as his personal toilet.
He leaves his bombs there all the time. Even IF he picked them up
afterwards, I don't think I like the idea of him walking his dog across my
front yard. What's wrong with his yard?

Any tactful ways of dealing with this, obviously, rude person? I'm
thinking of collecting a week's worth of bombs and then knocking on his
door and handing them to him and say something like "Here - you left these
in my yard".

That might just work!

GP
Greg Pernell

Jonathan Kamens wrote:

Richard writes:
[neighbor lets his dog poop on OP's lawn]

Any tactful ways of dealing with this, obviously, rude person? I'm
thinking of collecting a week's worth of bombs and then knocking on his
door and handing them to him and say something like "Here - you left these
in my yard".

Perhaps you could save us all the trouble of having this
discussion yet again by reading the many previous instances of
this same discussion in the archive at groups.google.com.

Incidentally, the fact that you ask if you should deal with
this by handing your neighbor a pile of dog **** tells us a
lot about which of you is the "rude person".

How so?

GP

Greg Pernell

toller wrote:

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Richard" wrote in message

Any tactful ways of dealing with this, obviously, rude person?

No, rude people don't understand tact. Use Dave's method of returning
hte goods to the owner. Fling it with a shovel and let him see you do
it. Worked for me with a neighbor.

Agreed. Even if you ask nicely, the *rude* neighbor will probably still
have a hard-on for you from then on anyways and still let his dog crap in
your yard.

It may not help, but talking to the neighbor can't hurt and might be a much
better solution. You would be foolish to do something antagonistic without
first talking.

Evidently you have never owned a dog. They relieve themselves on walks and
thats all there is to it. Sure, a decent person cleans up after their dog,
but is hardly a matter of trespassing.

Why not? They have to enter or stand on his property?

I had exactly the opposite problem. An old woman would scream at me every
time I walked by her house; I have no idea why, since my dog had never
visited her yard. I tried talking to her, but she was crazy. A neighbor
solved the problem by leaving a large pile on a rock by her driveway. (no,
it wasn't me, really) So I guess the pile trick does help people regain
their reason, but should not be a first choice.

....whatever .....

GP
Greg Pernell

Norminn wrote:

Richard wrote:
My neighbor is letting his dog use my front yard as his personal toilet.
He leaves his bombs there all the time. Even IF he picked them up
afterwards, I don't think I like the idea of him walking his dog across my
front yard. What's wrong with his yard?

Any tactful ways of dealing with this, obviously, rude person? I'm
thinking of collecting a week's worth of bombs and then knocking on his
door and handing them to him and say something like "Here - you left these
in my yard".

Check your city code, and then call in a violation if the code says he
must pick up doggie-doo. Code violation here. Lots of dogs, and dog
walkers pick up and put in nearest dumpster.

It takes one bad dog owner to make the 99% responsible dog
owners look shady.

GP
G Henslee

Greg Pernell wrote:

It takes one bad dog owner to make the 99% responsible dog
owners look shady.

GP

****ty deal huh.
G Henslee

AllEmailDeletedImmediately wrote:
"G Henslee" wrote in message

You'd have us believe that you can tell the poops from 150 lb dogs and

100 lb

dogs!

He's gotta be ****tin' us.

nope. guess you've never owned large dogs. and do you think a 10lb dog's
pile is the same size as a 50lb dog?

Actually, I could give a **** less...
G Henslee

Richard wrote:
Me again. Just to clarify a few points. The neighbor is walking his dog
on a leash and walking on to my property to let his dog do his business.
Most of the time it's just ****, but on occasion he leaves a present.

Oh, okay. Well now that you've clarified the issue, you should open
fire on both of them with a fully automatic weapon.

SteveB

"Mark" wrote

I love usenet lawyers.

They are most surely worth what they charge.

CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Im a liberal. I don't see what this has to do with being liberal? Am I
supposed to let any random person/animal on my yard because I'm liberal?

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

CL: The poster I cited stated that he thought that a dog coming onto
private property did not constitute trespassing. I said I thought his
attitude was too liberal.

Steve

yes, too much of anything can be bad.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert
Philip Lewis

"SteveB" writes:
"Mark" wrote
I love usenet lawyers.

They are most surely worth what they charge.

sometimes twice that!

"G Henslee" wrote in message

You'd have us believe that you can tell the poops from 150 lb dogs and

100 lb

dogs!

He's gotta be ****tin' us.

nope. guess you've never owned large dogs. and do you think a 10lb

dog's
pile is the same size as a 50lb dog?

Actually, I could give a **** less...

it would seem to be consuming you, or you'd not reply.

AllEmailDeletedImmediately

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,

"AllEmailDeletedImmediately" wrote:

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
. ..

I've seen cocker spaniels that have turds bigger than some large dogs.

then the poor thing was getting really crappy, cheap food. even with

good
food, my dog's piles are too large to scoop, so i have to catch it.

OK, I'm having a hard time envisioning that. You mean you reach under the
dog's butt and catch the stuff in your (hopefully gloved) hand? Or the dog
wears a net on his ass? Or what?

I gotta think that a shovel is easier...

no. as she squats, i put a section of newspaper under her butt. then i can
just pick it up and put it in a plastic shopping bag.
i get all of it; a shovel wouldn't.

and i'm not talking about the actual pile size. i'm talking turd

diameter.
the exit hole of a cocker spaniel is much smaller than that of a great

dane.
if they're both fed the same food, the great dane will not only have

more,
due to being fed more, but the diameter will be larger.

You're waaaaaaay too interested in this.

nope, just experience (and a wee bit of common sense). remember, there are
those on this ng who think that all dogs crap the same size.

--
Regards,

G Henslee

"G Henslee" wrote in message

You'd have us believe that you can tell the poops from 150 lb dogs and

100 lb

dogs!

He's gotta be ****tin' us.

nope. guess you've never owned large dogs. and do you think a 10lb

dog's

pile is the same size as a 50lb dog?

Actually, I could give a **** less...

it would seem to be consuming you, or you'd not reply.

pot - kettle - black

Not in the least. I'm merely hurling **** at this stupidly ****ty
subject. As with most of the "neighbor problems" **** that gets
'dropped' here, the majority stem from some little **** that's too
chicken**** (in this case dog****) to approach the ****bag neighbor in
the first place.

It's a ****ty job but somebody has to do it.

oh, and if you don't like it - eat ****
G Henslee

Mr **** Professor wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message

You're waaaaaaay too interested in this.

nope, just experience (and a wee bit of common sense). remember, there are
those on this ng who think that all dogs crap the same size.

"Experience" with ****? That and the *wee* bit of common sense are
obvious.

This **** is consuming you.
Dave Balderstone

In article , Jim Yanik
. wrote:

Better to just turn on the lawn sprinkler system and soak the dog AND the
owner.Less likely to get you a visit from the police,too.

See:
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&p=44958&cat=2,51555&ap=1

One site: http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww linkshttp://www.woodenwabbits.com
Kendall P. Bullen

In article .ca,
Dave Balderstone wrote:

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&p=44958&cat=2,51555&ap=1

Hahaha...that's great!

Kendall

--
Kendall P. Bullen http://www.his.com/~kendall/
kendall@---^^^^^^^

Never e-mail me copies of Usenet postings, please.
I do read the groups to which I post!
toller

CL: The poster I cited stated that he thought that a dog coming onto
private property did not constitute trespassing. I said I thought his
attitude was too liberal.

On a leash. Thats what dogs do when you walk them; it is not much fun for
them in the road. I don't see what harm it does, so if that makes me
liberal...

Andy Asberry

On 22 Jun 2005 16:03:30 GMT, Jim Yanik . wrote:

"BillC" wrote in
link.net:

One approach- BB gun, shoot the dog in the ass whenever you see it in
your yard. It'll quickly learn to stay out.

Better to just turn on the lawn sprinkler system and soak the dog AND the
owner.Less likely to get you a visit from the police,too.

Best idea yet. He obviously doesn't have a fenced yard and keeps the
dog inside. After dealing with a wet dog a few times, he will find it
is easier to restrain the dog in his own yard.
Oddity

I can't believe this article still continues on.

Look... the whole point here is that everyone needs to do what is
"right". If you follow much of the advice, you're no better than the
guy, possibly worse.

Start off by talking to him.

I know, seems strange, just might work. "Hey dude, I'd appreciate it
if you didn't let your cute little puppy have bowel movements in my
yard."

If that doesn't work, there are legal methods you can use to get things
taken care of. IF the guy does not stop at this point, it is THEN
obvious that he has no respect for others, probably not himself, and
needs to be politely taught a lesson. By flaming delivery maybe.

SteveB

"toller" wrote in message

CL: The poster I cited stated that he thought that a dog coming onto
private property did not constitute trespassing. I said I thought his
attitude was too liberal.

On a leash. Thats what dogs do when you walk them; it is not much fun for
them in the road. I don't see what harm it does, so if that makes me
liberal...

I missed your point. You don't see what harm what does?

I used to live in a condo. I used to walk my Corgi on a leash. One day, a
fellow was "walking" his pit bull. No leash. A friend of mine's Scottish
terrier was killed in the same condo complex by a Mastiff that was being
"walked" with no leash. The Scotty was on a leash.

"Walking" your dog can mean all sorts of things. Some people put them on a
treadmill, and call that walking.

Vietnamese people even have a book on the subject of what they think of
dogs. It is titled, "Wokking your dog."

Steve

G Henslee

Oddity wrote:
I can't believe this article still continues on.

Believe it.

http://tinyurl.com/bomgb
http://tinyurl.com/7eef2
Mark Cato

- Oddity wrote:

I can't believe this article still continues on.

Look... the whole point here is that everyone needs to do what is
"right". If you follow much of the advice, you're no better than the
guy, possibly worse.

Start off by talking to him.

I know, seems strange, just might work. "Hey dude, I'd appreciate it
if you didn't let your cute little puppy have bowel movements in my
yard."

If that doesn't work, there are legal methods you can use to get things
taken care of. IF the guy does not stop at this point, it is THEN
obvious that he has no respect for others, probably not himself, and
needs to be politely taught a lesson. By flaming delivery maybe.

I've been thinking the same thing. Why would anyone want to escalate this
into a ****ing contest that might cause long-term feuding and possible
legal ramifications? Here's a novel idea: try to discuss it amicablly.

If the neighbor is unresponsive, then I would start documenting and get the
authorities involved. There have been a few other suggestions that would
work without lowering yourself to the neighbor's level. Small wire fencing
(around a foot high) or some other edging to the yard would keep dogs out.
To some the fencing would be worse than the crap. The motion-sensor
sprinkler is a good idea. It's not terribly subtle, but probably
effective.

mark
__________________________
Mark Cato

SteveB

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Oddity wrote:
I can't believe this article still continues on.

Believe it.

I'm sorry. Do we need your permission to continue this discussion?

Steve

G Henslee

SteveB wrote:
"G Henslee" wrote in message

Oddity wrote:

I can't believe this article still continues on.

Believe it.

I'm sorry. Do we need your permission to continue this discussion?

Steve

**** no! Keep shovelin' But thanks for asking.

I got to step two with my neighbor. After two times of returning some bombs
to their welcome mat, the problem mysteriously and quickly ended. That has
been about a year now.

Dog poop on the lawn is not worth worrying about, unless they are large
piles. Being seen doing vandalism will not establish your status as a
good neighbor. It only escalates a silly issue.

Dumping the crap back on his driveway or mat is not vandalism if it's
not damaging his property. I wouldn't put it on his hot car hood in
the middle of the summer, as that may damage the paint, however.

I would also DEFINITELY make sure you've got the right guy beforehand.

SteveB

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
.. .
wrote in
oups.com:

I got to step two with my neighbor. After two times of returning
some bombs to their welcome mat, the problem mysteriously and
quickly ended. That has been about a year now.

Dog poop on the lawn is not worth worrying about, unless they are
large piles. Being seen doing vandalism will not establish your
status as a good neighbor. It only escalates a silly issue.

Dumping the crap back on his driveway or mat is not vandalism if it's
not damaging his property.

Nonsense.Damage need not be done for an act to be vandalism.Also,it's
unsanitary.It requires cleanup.It's no different than if they toilet
papered your car or tree;"no damage",but the police still consider it
vandalism.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Jim, Jim, Jim. What planet do you live on?

Where I live, Earth, if a person was to call the law about a dog poop issue,
they would be ignored.

Hell, you can call in that your car has been stolen, and YOU have to go to
the police station to file a report. They won't even come for a stolen car,
I really don't think they would come for a vandalism call, unless they were
doing a welfare check on the caller to see if they were mentally ill, and
doing okay. If they did come to check on things, and found out that you
were serious, I am sure you would get the "We'll get right after the
culprits......." speech, and the officer/s would have a very good laugh back
in the car.

Police don't mess with things like dog poop vandalism. Trust me.

Steve

Jim Yanik

"SteveB" wrote in

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
.. .
wrote in
oups.com:

[...]

It's too bad your police will not respond to such calls.
But whether or not they respond,it STILL is "vandalism".
If you videotaped someone doing it,the police could use that as evidence to
cite them for malicious vandalism.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
SteveB

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message

It's too bad your police will not respond to such calls.
But whether or not they respond,it STILL is "vandalism".
If you videotaped someone doing it,the police could use that as evidence
cite them for malicious vandalism.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net

As I said, what planet do you live on? With all the road rage, drug use,
domestic violence, organized crime, driveby shootings, terrorism and various
other random acts of violence, do you still think that vandalism is high up
there on the list.

Your planet must be perfect.

Steve

Jonathan Kamens

"SteveB" writes:
As I said, what planet do you live on? With all the road rage, drug use,
domestic violence, organized crime, driveby shootings, terrorism and various
other random acts of violence, do you still think that vandalism is high up
there on the list.

OK, I vowed to myself that I'd stay out of this thread, but I
feel compelled to make a point that has very little to do with
dog poop and very much to do with the attitude that vandalism
is low on the list of things that cops should be dealing with.

I strongly urge you to get yourself a copy of "The Tipping
Point" by Malcolm Gladwell and read it cover-to-cover. If you
read it with an open mind, then I suspect that when you're
done, you'll have a very different attitude about what kind of
impact can be made on society's ills by addressing seemingly
small problems such as vandalism. Gladwell's thesis, which he
defends astonishingly well, is that in fact "small" things
like vandalism can have an extremely disproportionate affect
on "big" things like crime and public safety.
G Henslee

Jonathan Kamens wrote:

Gladwell's thesis, which he
defends astonishingly well, is that in fact "small" things
like vandalism can have an extremely disproportionate affect
on "big" things like crime and public safety.

Much like tort laws.
SteveB

"Jonathan Kamens" wrote

"SteveB" writes:
[...]

You must first have some information about me to realize where I am coming
from. My daughter is a police officer on the street. My son-in-law is
nearing lieutenant grade. I have been a coroner investigator. I have been
around law enforcement and officers a lot. I have many friends from high
school (class of 66) who were career officers. I have two neighbors and a
renter who are POs.

I am just writing some firsthand information that I observe from my dealings
with police and police situations. I get a lot of inside info.

I am not poo pooing the idea that vandalism should be tolerated. I know
that among people, particularly adolescents, vandalism is a big deal, and
can result in a lot of damage that regular citizens must bear the cost of.
Vandalism is not acceptable in society. Mainly it is an expression of
frustration, despair, hopelessness and anger.

And I am not saying that it is low on the list of things the officers SHOULD
be concerned with. I am stating that in overworked departments, it IS low on
the list of things officers must deal with. They just have too many other
calls for service that are far more critical than vandalism. Robbery,
assault, person with a gun, burglary, rape, child abuse and neglect. In our
town, there aren't even enough officers to adequately enforced traffic laws,
and the place is turning into a demolition derby with citizens being picked
at bus stops, sitting at stop signs, driving along, or just walking along
the street. And this by people who need to be cited and who need their
asses kicked for being such poor drivers. Three school children were killed
recently while waiting for a bus. Before that, an infant in its mother's
arms killed at a bus stop. And on and on and on. They SHOULD be taking
more time on this, they just don't have the time because of all the other
calls. Now and again, they do a saturation exercise at a major
intersection, but it is mostly PR.

There are just not enough officers because they are dealing with critical
situations. They will cite if a citizen makes a complaint for vandalism.
But, if one thinks they are doing society a favor by taking up an hours time
of an officer in their neighborhood for some dog crap, they are delusional.
Outright vandalism is a different thing.

What I am taking exception to is the Pollyannish approach by some posters as
to what they think the behavior of responding officers will be. There will
be a difference between the officer's behavior from Mayberry to Megalopolis.
And books about subjects are just a statement on how things should be. I
totally believe that things should be better, but I am locked into a world
of reality where things are the way they are, not the way they should be. I
totally agree that if people would just do the right thing, this world would
improve noticeably in about three minutes.

As with all usenet posts, you just have to take the pertinent information
and apply it to your own situation.

One size does not fit all. The situation and civilization where you live is
probably totally different than where I am. But, then, in my travels, I
have noticed that Smalltown, USA, has many of the same problems as Bigtown,
USA.

Reality is nature's way of keeping things straight. For the rest of the
people, there's books, liberalism, and playing Pollyanna.

Steve