Mark Cato

- Oddity wrote:

I can't believe this article still continues on.

Look... the whole point here is that everyone needs to do what is
"right". If you follow much of the advice, you're no better than the
guy, possibly worse.

Start off by talking to him.

I know, seems strange, just might work. "Hey dude, I'd appreciate it
if you didn't let your cute little puppy have bowel movements in my
yard."

If that doesn't work, there are legal methods you can use to get things
taken care of. IF the guy does not stop at this point, it is THEN
obvious that he has no respect for others, probably not himself, and
needs to be politely taught a lesson. By flaming delivery maybe.

I've been thinking the same thing. Why would anyone want to escalate this
into a ****ing contest that might cause long-term feuding and possible
legal ramifications? Here's a novel idea: try to discuss it amicablly.

If the neighbor is unresponsive, then I would start documenting and get the
authorities involved. There have been a few other suggestions that would
work without lowering yourself to the neighbor's level. Small wire fencing
(around a foot high) or some other edging to the yard would keep dogs out.
To some the fencing would be worse than the crap. The motion-sensor
sprinkler is a good idea. It's not terribly subtle, but probably
effective.

mark
Mark Cato