Roy

Default A real mess hit me when I went to my shop this morning.

I left the overhead door up yesterday and last night, and this morning
it looked like it rained in the shop. You would have sworn there was
no roof on the place and a rain storm hit. And stuff rusted so
quickly. I spent from 7am until just about 2pm wiping everything down
and reoiling and removing the light coat of rust that seemed to find
itself on everything that wa not painted. I still have my rack full of
materials to clean up, but I think that stuff may just take the hit.

I could actually squeege pools of water out the door. The heavier
castings on a machine or the heavier mass an item had the more it
rusted and condensed the water vapor. A real mess for sure.

For a couple of days it had been pretty cool out, and today its hot
and humid. I had thought the days of running the AC was over.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Bob Swinney

Roy,
Thanks for the heads up. Humidity, cold metal and rapidly changing
temperatures are the recipe for rust damage this time of year. BTW - how
are you and the Ms. getting along after the injuries sustained in the "fire
extinguisher" accident?

Bob Swinney
"Roy" wrote in message
I left the overhead door up yesterday and last night, and this morning
it looked like it rained in the shop. You would have sworn there was
no roof on the place and a rain storm hit. And stuff rusted so
quickly. I spent from 7am until just about 2pm wiping everything down
and reoiling and removing the light coat of rust that seemed to find
itself on everything that wa not painted. I still have my rack full of
materials to clean up, but I think that stuff may just take the hit.

I could actually squeege pools of water out the door. The heavier
castings on a machine or the heavier mass an item had the more it
rusted and condensed the water vapor. A real mess for sure.

For a couple of days it had been pretty cool out, and today its hot
and humid. I had thought the days of running the AC was over.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

jim rozen

In article 1qRtb.18880$Dw6.86543@attbi_s02, Bob Swinney says...

Roy,
Thanks for the heads up. Humidity, cold metal and rapidly changing
temperatures are the recipe for rust damage this time of year. BTW - how
are you and the Ms. getting along after the injuries sustained in the "fire
extinguisher" accident?

Yes, I sure hope she's strong on the mend, and
you too as well!!

Jim

please reply to:

Shop Power keith bowers Metalworking 24 August 1st 03 06:18 AM
Shop Colors Scheme and Lighting Mark Rand Metalworking 6 July 18th 03 01:23 AM