fratedriver

Default Easy way to sell a house

When shopping for a home, my wife and I noticed a deficit in the real estate
industry. We liked to drive around in the neighborhoods we found attractive
and look for houses that were for sale. We'd make many phone calls trying
to get information about the houses we liked. Most of the time we'd learn
that the house didn't fit us for one reason or another. We were driving our
agent nuts calling her all the time and disrupting her day, usually on the
weekend. If only there were an easier way for us to get general information
about a house before we called.

So, I created Steve Bell Properties. I send out a sign to my clients which
lists my website and a unique ID number for that house. I create a link
correlating that ID number to the web page already created by the seller's
agent. This will send shoppers straight to information about the house and
how to contact the listing agent. By providing this information the agent
will receive much more productive calls and have less wasted time. The ease
of finding this information will make shoppers happier. Knowing that people
will be able to find information about their house will inspire more sellers
to list with agents using my service. Everybody makes more money.
Everybody finds what they want. Everybody wins!

Please take a moment to look at www.stevebellproperties.com, I'd love to
hear what you think.

Thanks,

Steve Bell

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:06:39 GMT, "fratedriver"
graced this newsgroup with:

[...]

in the metro DC area, it's almost a waste of time to even put up a For
Sale sign. Houses sell in 2 or 3 days, usually for much more than the
asking price.

Interesting idea though.

G Henslee

fratedriver wrote:

I'd love to
hear what you think.

Thanks,

Steve Bell

Okay. You're pos, spamming a new group.

You're welcome.
Edwin Pawlowski

"fratedriver" wrote in message

So, I created Steve Spam Properties. I send out a sign to my clients
which lists my website and a unique ID number for that house. I create a
link correlating that ID number to the web page already created by the
seller's agent.

What is the big deal? Every realtor has links to houses listed on their own
as well as the MLB. Saves a lot of aimless driving around. I think you are
behind the times here.

Hound Dog

[...]

The web is already loaded with houses for sell by many reputable realtors.
Just about everything about the houses, the neighborhood, the schools,
churches, stores and who knows what all are already on their web sites.

Your idea may have a use, but it sounds like it's much too little, way too
late.

to list with agents using my service. Everybody makes more money.
Everybody finds what they want. Everybody wins!

Please take a moment to look at www.stevebellproperties.com, I'd love to
hear what you think.

Thanks,

Steve Bell

fratedriver

The whole point here is that the general public can't access these listings.
If you saw a house that you liked and wanted more information you wouldn't
be able to find that house on the internet unless you knew the MLS number.
You can't get that until you call the agent. I'm trying to make the
information easier for everyone.

Steve B.

wrote:

So, I created Steve Bell Properties. I send out a sign to my clients which
lists my website and a unique ID number for that house. I create a link
correlating that ID number to the web page already created by the seller's
agent.

I don't quite get it. If the listing agent already created the page
why do they need you? Why not just sticke their own sign up in the
yard with the address on it? Having a web page for the house is a
great idea, I just don't see what value you are adding.

Steve B.
fratedriver

Yes, I know the information is all over the web. The problem is that the
general public can't access it except thru a search engine. Say you saw a
realtor sign on a house down the street. Would you be able to find that
house on the realtor's site without calling them first???

Edwin Pawlowski

Yes, I know the information is all over the web. The problem is that the
general public can't access it except thru a search engine. Say you saw a
realtor sign on a house down the street. Would you be able to find that
house on the realtor's site without calling them first???

ever go to www.realtor.com ??????????? Ever try the realtor's own site?
Surely, you must be very new at this if you cannot find the information you
want, usually from multiple sources.

Edwin Pawlowski

The whole point here is that the general public can't access these
listings. If you saw a house that you liked and wanted more information
you wouldn't be able to find that house on the internet unless you knew
the MLS number. You can't get that until you call the agent. I'm trying
to make the information easier for everyone.

Sure they can. There may be a house or two not listed yet, but you can
search by town, by price range, by number of bedrooms. You can see photos
of the inside and outside. You really have to experiment a little and find
that this information has been available for a long time already.

Ralph Mowery

"fratedriver" wrote in message
Yes, I know the information is all over the web. The problem is that the
general public can't access it except thru a search engine. Say you saw a
realtor sign on a house down the street. Would you be able to find that
house on the realtor's site without calling them first???

All I had to do was to go here. They list all the houses in the area.

http://www.century21tc.com/

Dan C

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:49:52 +0000, fratedriver wrote:

The whole point here is that the general public can't access these listings.
If you saw a house that you liked and wanted more information you wouldn't
be able to find that house on the internet unless you knew the MLS number.
You can't get that until you call the agent. I'm trying to make the
information easier for everyone.

You are sadly lacking in current information. What you are talking about
is commonly available, and has been for YEARS. Wake up dude.

Linux Registered User #327951

Dan C

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:51:51 +0000, fratedriver wrote:

Yes, I know the information is all over the web. The problem is that the
general public can't access it except thru a search engine.

Well, that's pretty difficult, huh?

realtor sign on a house down the street. Would you be able to find that
house on the realtor's site without calling them first???

Yes.

Linux Registered User #327951

fratedriver

When you look at the front of a house from the road the only information you
have available is the phone number to the agent's company. The only way you
can find THAT house on the web is to do a search based on price or amenity
and hope for the best. No website that I've found offers a search based on
street address. All I'm offering is a sign with an easy to follow link to
THAT property. I'm not doing a search engine. I'm not trying to offer a
new concept. I'm providing a service.

If anybody knows a quick way to find information for the house located at:
4080 RELIANT CIRCLE
OWENSBORO, KY 42301

without contacting an agent, I'd like to see it.

Or, you can look at www.stevebellproperties # 5 and there it is.

When you drove by the house you'd see both the realtor's sign and mine
giving you the information I just gave you. Now you know exactly how many
bedrooms it has as well as the price.

Without the information I provided, you'd have to call the agent or maybe
you'd get lucky on a realtor search.

Oscar_Lives

I just search on address or neighborhood and find it quickly.

I think you have found a fix for a problem that has long been solved.

www.realtor.com has the houses easily to find.

[...]

Hound Dog

[...]

Don't need to call the agent, and certainly don't need your input.
It's all right there on the net.

However it's your time and money to waste. If you want to try doing what you
propose, go right ahead.
Just don't quit your day job.

Ralph Mowery

"fratedriver" wrote in message
When you look at the front of a house from the road the only information

you
have available is the phone number to the agent's company. The only way

you
can find THAT house on the web is to do a search based on price or amenity
and hope for the best. No website that I've found offers a search based

on
street address. All I'm offering is a sign with an easy to follow link to
THAT property. I'm not doing a search engine. I'm not trying to offer a
new concept. I'm providing a service.

If anybody knows a quick way to find information for the house located at:
4080 RELIANT CIRCLE
OWENSBORO, KY 42301

without contacting an agent, I'd like to see it.

You mean this house ?

http://owensboromls.org/quickresults.lasso

I am not even in the real estate business. Took about 2 minuits to find it
and I am in North Carolina.

Oscar_Lives

Damn. You are so convinced you have created something wonderful. No matter
that a dozen people here have told you you are wasting your time, you still
demand some strokes and pats for your self-thought good work.

Take a clue. Your site is redundant at best, a waste of time all the time,
and pretty much worthless to anyone but you.

[...]

Hound Dog

"Hound Dog" wrote in message

[...]

Who's going to pay for your services, and WHY?

The buyer? Don't bet on it!
The seller? Not on your life!
The realtor? Why?

You're many years late and many more dollars short.

Hound Dog

[...]

More and more realtors are putting their website address and other data
right on their signs which they put in front of the houses they have on the
market.

fratedriver

There is no way to search for address, only by zip code or city. What are
you gonna do, browse thru hundreds of listings at that point?

Edwin Pawlowski

"fratedriver" wrote in message
When you look at the front of a house from the road the only information
you have available is the phone number to the agent's company. The only
way you can find THAT house on the web is to do a search based on price or
amenity and hope for the best. No website that I've found offers a search
based on street address. All I'm offering is a sign with an easy to
follow link to THAT property. I'm not doing a search engine. I'm not
trying to offer a new concept. I'm providing a service.

If anybody knows a quick way to find information for the house located at:
4080 RELIANT CIRCLE
OWENSBORO, KY 42301

without contacting an agent, I'd like to see it.

http://owensboromls.org/listingdetai...Snumber=23808#

How about the house down the street also. 3902 is for sale also.
http://owensboromls.org/listingdetai...LSnumber=24253

Edwin Pawlowski

There is no way to search for address, only by zip code or city. What are
you gonna do, browse thru hundreds of listings at that point?

Not really. Have you not learned how to narrow a search yet? Most web
pages offer that feature.

djay

[...]

I tried to look at your site and found that it was UNAVAILABLE. I
understand that you are trying to put together some type of VALUE ADDED
realator site, but when the site is UNAVAILABLE, me and the rest of the
world will click off of your page and on to the next site. Site
AVAILABILITY is crucial to E-COMMERCE.

Hound Dog

"fratedriver" wrote in message
There is no way to search for address, only by zip code or city. What are
you gonna do, browse thru hundreds of listings at that point?

I have a thought. Since you apparently are computer illiterate, why don't
you call an agent and ask them how to browse their site.

John G

I think this guy is onto something. It got me to thinking.....

What if I contact large metropolitan newspapers and got them to post a
lot of their articles on the web?

It would save people the hassle of going down to the local newstand to
pick up their daily paper...

It would save people from having to put paperboxes outside their house
(or from paying delivery people)...

It would save peopel from other cities having to fly to the city that
they are looking for information on....

The savings are ENDLESS!!!!!!!!!

(Please don't nobody steal my idea).... (I said please!)

G Henslee

Or, you can look at www.spammer.properties # 5 and there it is.

Without the information I provided, you'd have to call the agent or maybe
you'd get lucky on a realtor search.

I tried to look at your site and found that it was UNAVAILABLE. I
understand that you are trying to put together some type of VALUE ADDED
realator site, but when the site is UNAVAILABLE, me and the rest of the
world will click off of your page and on to the next site. Site
AVAILABILITY is crucial to E-COMMERCE.

He's not even a 'good' spamming ****stain...
Oscar_Lives

"John G" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think this guy is onto something. It got me to thinking.....

What if I contact large metropolitan newspapers and got them to post a
lot of their articles on the web?

It would save people the hassle of going down to the local newstand to
pick up their daily paper...

It would save people from having to put paperboxes outside their house
(or from paying delivery people)...

It would save peopel from other cities having to fly to the city that
they are looking for information on....

The savings are ENDLESS!!!!!!!!!

(Please don't nobody steal my idea).... (I said please!)

How are you going to hold your computer while you take a crap?

I'll keep my newspaper, thanks.

Rudy

If anybody knows a quick way to find information for the house located at:
4080 RELIANT CIRCLE
OWENSBORO, KY 42301

without contacting an agent, I'd like to see it.

This took 2 minutes to find

http://owensboromls.org/listingdetai...LSnumber=23808

Dont quit your day job

Chuck

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 01:04:16 GMT, "fratedriver"
wrote:

[...]

Google (if you know what Google is)
"4080 RELIANT CIRCLE"
You'll find they want $134,900 for a 3 bed, 2 bath 1418 sq.Ft with
garage, Presented By: TONY CLARK, REALTORS
MLS #: 23808 Area: TRADEWINDS
Chuck

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 01:05:20 GMT, "fratedriver"
wrote:

[...]

As I said in an earlier reply above..

Google "4080 RELIANT CIRCLE"
You'll find they want $134,900 for a 3 bed, 2 bath 1418 sq.Ft with
garage, Presented By: TONY CLARK, REALTORS
MLS #: 23808 Area: TRADEWINDS
Doug Miller

In article kY4re.53639$nG6.44360@attbi_s22, "fratedriver" wrote:
When you look at the front of a house from the road the only information you
have available is the phone number to the agent's company. The only way you
can find THAT house on the web is to do a search based on price or amenity
and hope for the best.

What people are trying to tell you is -- that's NOT TRUE.

No website that I've found offers a search based on
street address. All I'm offering is a sign with an easy to follow link to
THAT property. I'm not doing a search engine. I'm not trying to offer a
new concept. I'm providing a service.

If anybody knows a quick way to find information for the house located at:
4080 RELIANT CIRCLE
OWENSBORO, KY 42301

without contacting an agent, I'd like to see it.

OK: www.google.com. Type the address into the search box. Second link it finds
is for the Owensboro Board of Realtors. Click that. Click the 'search
listings' button on their page, type in the street address, and click the
search button. Found it. Total time less than one minute.

Without the information I provided, you'd have to call the agent

How hard do you suppose it is to pick up a phone, anyway?

--
Regards,

Doug Miller

In article b03re.52983$nG6.41944@attbi_s22, "fratedriver" wrote:
Yes, I know the information is all over the web. The problem is that the
general public can't access it except thru a search engine. Say you saw a
realtor sign on a house down the street. Would you be able to find that
house on the realtor's site without calling them first???

I just did, using *your* example.

So I'd have to say that the answer to your question is "yes".

Next question: are you providing a useful service?

The answer to *that* one appears to be "no".

--
Regards,

Doug Miller

In article kZ4re.53019$xm3.27152@attbi_s21, "fratedriver" wrote:
When you look at the front of a house from the road the only information you
have available is the phone number to the agent's company.

Not true. Many (not all, certainly, but many) signs include the MLS number.

The only way you
can find THAT house on the web is to do a search based on price or amenity
and hope for the best.

Not true.

No website that I've found offers a search based on street address.

What, you don't know how to use Google?

All I'm offering is a sign with an easy to follow link to
THAT property. I'm not doing a search engine. I'm not trying to offer a
new concept. I'm providing a service.

The question is, are you providing a *useful* service? No.

If anybody knows a quick way to find information for the house located at:
4080 RELIANT CIRCLE
OWENSBORO, KY 42301

without contacting an agent, I'd like to see it.

Google.

Or, you can look at www.stevebellproperties # 5 and there it is.

Or I could just Google the street address...

--
Regards,

Doug Miller

In article RC5re.53182$xm3.17448@attbi_s21, "fratedriver"
wrote:
There is no way to search for address, only by zip code or city. What are
you gonna do, browse thru hundreds of listings at that point?

Guess again...

Look he
http://owensboromls.org/searchlistings.lasso

--
Regards,

cowboy

I just had a great idea, I could put up a site where people could list their
household or collectible items for sale, it would be like an auction, except
online! they could even include a photo of their item, so that people
could see what they are bidding on! if this works, there will be a lot
less need for flea markets and garage sales!

I think I will call it "g-bay" (my first initial is "g", pretty nifty,
huh?)

please give my new site a try and tell me what you think, I am going to be
rich & I hope you will be too!

your friend,

goober

fratedriver

Hey, the existence of McDonald's didn't stop Arby's or Wendy's.

Dan C

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:43:05 +0000, fratedriver wrote:

Hey, the existence of McDonald's didn't stop Arby's or Wendy's.

Will you just shut up and go away. You've been shown to be an ignorant
moron, and nobody wants to hear you any more. FOAD.

Linux Registered User #327951