Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

4th Amendment defiled by Patriot Act

Default OHIO SAVINGS BANK: Refuses to account for additional principal payments

Just a heads up. The loan we refinanced through WallStreetAssociates,
which sold the loan to Ohio Savings Bank. Two months into the new
loan, our loan now has an additional 5 thousand dollars balance, and
Ohio Savings Bank refuses to account for it.
They claim "they're researching it", and they also claim that no
managers are available when I request to speak with one via the
servicing department.

We have made several additional payments to principal, they have
removed
all such credits to the balance. During the past 3 days calling their
service department, I've been given different stories about how long
their 'research' department will take to resolve the issue, and have
been
hung up on by an associate (mitch).

I'd be interested in methods to resolve this situation.
Rich Greenberg

In article ,
4th Amendment defiled by Patriot Act wrote:
Just a heads up. The loan we refinanced through WallStreetAssociates,
which sold the loan to Ohio Savings Bank. Two months into the new
loan, our loan now has an additional 5 thousand dollars balance, and
Ohio Savings Bank refuses to account for it.
They claim "they're researching it", and they also claim that no
managers are available when I request to speak with one via the
servicing department.

1) Document every call/letter

2) Contact them in writing only.

3) Contact whichever state/federal agency regulates savings banks in
Ohio.

--
Rich Greenberg Work: Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com + 1 770 563 6656
N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA Play: richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507

On 23 Jul 2003 06:43:53 -0700, someone wrote:

Ohio Savings Bank refuses to account for it.
They claim "they're researching it",...

So, then you are a LIAR. They did NOT "refuse" to account for it,
they said they are researching it. Like, they CAN'T account for it
today. Really a different thing than "refuses".

At some point they should be able to explain it, but how long have
they been working on it?

During the past 3 days calling their
service department, I've been given different stories about how long
their 'research' department will take to resolve the issue...

Well, what answeer would you like as to how long? That would make you
go away happy? This sounds like one of those things that they won't
know until they know. I suppose they could agree to call you back at
a specific time with an update, but you'd probably demand thay they
have the ANSWER by that time, which they can't promise.

I'd be interested in methods to resolve this situation.

Give them another 3 days. Not like it is holding up a transaction or
anything. For now it is just entries on paper. You have not lost a
single cent.

Calm down.

-v.

On 24 Jul 2003 15:50:14 -0700, someone wrote:

Give them another 3 days. Not like it is holding up a transaction or
anything. For now it is just entries on paper. You have not lost a
single cent.

Remember this post the next time someone charges you 5000 dollars you
don't owe and won't credit payments to -your- account. That there is
something very fishy going on if the OP is correct is obvious.

They didn't "charge" him $5k in that nobody is sending him a bill for
it etc. He instead says his balance on their books is off by this
amount. So an *error* has been made. I hope by now they have found
it and fixed it. But screaming and making hysterical accusations will
not create an answer where there isn't one. "Fishy" to me implies
that someone is trying to trick him or steal from him, and I seriously
doubt that is what is going on at all, but if it was, shouldn't be too
hard to prove.

-v.

Bill Seurer

4th Amendment defiled by Patriot Act wrote:

I'd be interested in methods to resolve this situation.

When you call and ask for a manager and they claim none are available
say, "That's OK, I'll wait". DON'T LET THEM GET OFF THE LINE. Just
keep asking questions. Make sure you ask the name (FULL name) of
everyone you talk to first thing. If they put you on hold hang up and
call right back. Get the manager's name and call asking for them by
name. Is this place close enough you can travel there? (That's why I
hate the whole "who's got my loan now?" thing)

4th Amendment defiled by Patriot Act

Follow up:

6 days ago, continued calling the customer support line finally got me
assigned to someone who would look into the problem. As of Thursday
she claimed to have resolved the issue. But I reviewed her claim, and
the resolution was only partial. They corrected the balance with the
exception of the most recent payment to principal (more than $3500
dollars). So now, instead of having a principal thats off by 5 grand,
its only off by less than 3 1/2 grand. The person who called me back
to claim things were corrected realized that the accounting department
did mess up after I pointed out the error, and claimed it would be
corrected by friday. As of friday, it was not corrected, as of
monday, it was not corrected. Nor as of today.

To put things in perspective, our first mortgage payment with Ohio
Savings Bank was June 1. Yes, less than 60 days, they've messed up
this badly. It's not like a lot of research is necessary to determine
the balance when there's only be 2 mortgage payments and 2 extra
payments to principal.