Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Steve

Default Whirlpool warranty sucks

Just purchased a Whirlpool water heater for a rental house I own.
Whirlpool "warrants only to the original consumer purchaser so long as
he continuously occupies the dwelling in which this water heater is
initially installed."

According to this, I have no warranty coverage. And even if there was
coverage, it would expire if the house was sold, even if the water
heater was only a few days old. Heck, why stop there - Whirlpool
could void coverage if you went on vacation, since you would then have
violated the provision regarding continuous occupancy.

Other than that, it's a great warranty.

Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.

....P.J. O'Rourke
TURTLE

"Steve" wrote in message
Just purchased a Whirlpool water heater for a rental house I own.
Whirlpool "warrants only to the original consumer purchaser so long as
he continuously occupies the dwelling in which this water heater is
initially installed."

According to this, I have no warranty coverage. And even if there was
coverage, it would expire if the house was sold, even if the water
heater was only a few days old. Heck, why stop there - Whirlpool
could void coverage if you went on vacation, since you would then have
violated the provision regarding continuous occupancy.

Other than that, it's a great warranty.

Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.

...P.J. O'Rourke

This is Tuirtle.

First your reading too much into this to be real.

The Warranty is good if you buy the tank and keep the rental rented .

Second if you sell the property and the warranty is dropped. P.J. Whirlpool does
not know who bought it as the original owner and will never know the second
owner unless there is a warranty of the tank. So the Warranty still keeps going.

TURTLE

Steve

"TURTLE" wrote:
[...]

This is your considered professional opinion?

A great many people think they are thinking,
when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

....Edward R. Murrow
TURTLE

"Steve" wrote in message
"TURTLE" wrote:
[...]

This is Turtle.

Yes , But one thing you will have to do when collecting on a warranty of a
device or water heater. Keep your mouth shut about who owns what and what the
story is. Just say it is broke what you going to do about it. They usely just
fix it or warrant it and move on.

TURTLE

SONY Warning on Warranty Greg Electronics Repair 22 December 3rd 05 05:38 PM
Opinions on Maytag and Whirlpool dishwashers? Ohaya Home Repair 7 April 18th 04 01:46 PM
Cordless drills Alan Woodworking 33 November 21st 03 07:12 PM
The New Ridgid power tool Warranty Leon Woodworking 0 November 3rd 03 07:27 PM
How do I find out Warranty service for my Digital Camera? Matthew England Electronics Repair 0 August 5th 03 11:19 PM