Steve

Default Whirlpool warranty sucks

Just purchased a Whirlpool water heater for a rental house I own.
Whirlpool "warrants only to the original consumer purchaser so long as
he continuously occupies the dwelling in which this water heater is
initially installed."

According to this, I have no warranty coverage. And even if there was
coverage, it would expire if the house was sold, even if the water
heater was only a few days old. Heck, why stop there - Whirlpool
could void coverage if you went on vacation, since you would then have
violated the provision regarding continuous occupancy.

Other than that, it's a great warranty.

Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.

....P.J. O'Rourke