Steve

Default Whirlpool warranty sucks

"TURTLE" wrote:
Just purchased a Whirlpool water heater for a rental house I own.
Whirlpool "warrants only to the original consumer purchaser so long as
he continuously occupies the dwelling in which this water heater is
initially installed."
According to this, I have no warranty coverage. And even if there was
coverage, it would expire if the house was sold, even if the water
heater was only a few days old. Heck, why stop there - Whirlpool
could void coverage if you went on vacation, since you would then have
violated the provision regarding continuous occupancy.

First your reading too much into this to be real.
The Warranty is good if you buy the tank and keep the rental rented .
Second if you sell the property and the warranty is dropped. P.J. Whirlpool does
not know who bought it as the original owner and will never know the second
owner unless there is a warranty of the tank. So the Warranty still keeps going.

This is your considered professional opinion?

A great many people think they are thinking,
when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

....Edward R. Murrow