Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default central air

we recently had central air conditioning installed.

During the transitional period - august & sep when temperatures
fluctuate a lot in maryland, should we leave the a/c on all the time
and just adjust the thermostat and thus obtain the benefit of the
de-humidifcation, or should we turn it off and on as needed/

thanks

ken

Dan C

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:13:06 -0700, kphifer1934 wrote:

During the transitional period - august & sep when temperatures
fluctuate a lot in maryland, should we leave the a/c on all the time
and just adjust the thermostat and thus obtain the benefit of the
de-humidifcation, or should we turn it off and on as needed/

Leave it on.

Linux Registered User #327951

Dr. Hardcrab

wrote in message
ups.com...
we recently had central air conditioning installed.

During the transitional period - august & sep when temperatures
fluctuate a lot in maryland, should we leave the a/c on all the time
and just adjust the thermostat and thus obtain the benefit of the
de-humidifcation, or should we turn it off and on as needed/

I would leave it on all the time......

.....unless you live in Rockville...........

Greg

You might want to install a programmable thermostat. Set it to go or off at
certain times of day or night. Mine, for example, is set to start cooling in
the morning till our family leaves. Then it resets itself to a warmer temp
until around 4 pm when my wife and kids come home. Then it sets itself again
at bedtime. This really saves dollars on your elec. bill.

wrote in message
ups.com...
we recently had central air conditioning installed.

During the transitional period - august & sep when temperatures
fluctuate a lot in maryland, should we leave the a/c on all the time
and just adjust the thermostat and thus obtain the benefit of the
de-humidifcation, or should we turn it off and on as needed/

thanks

ken

Several things wrong with new flat - no central heating, low hot water pressure even with water pump, noisey pump kiich UK diy 69 July 13th 05 07:36 PM
Struggling with Central Heating Andy M Jenkins UK diy 2 March 8th 05 11:14 AM
Central heating Q. Dave Winters UK diy 7 February 11th 05 01:06 PM
Rayburn integrated into central heating David Cawkwell UK diy 2 February 8th 05 06:23 PM
1989 Lennox Central Air Water Condensation and Shutdown? Joe Esposito Home Repair 15 August 8th 03 03:42 PM