Greg

You might want to install a programmable thermostat. Set it to go or off at
certain times of day or night. Mine, for example, is set to start cooling in
the morning till our family leaves. Then it resets itself to a warmer temp
until around 4 pm when my wife and kids come home. Then it sets itself again
at bedtime. This really saves dollars on your elec. bill.

wrote in message
ups.com...
we recently had central air conditioning installed.

During the transitional period - august & sep when temperatures
fluctuate a lot in maryland, should we leave the a/c on all the time
and just adjust the thermostat and thus obtain the benefit of the
de-humidifcation, or should we turn it off and on as needed/

thanks

ken