David Cawkwell

Default Rayburn integrated into central heating

I currently have a Rayburn cooker/boiler which heats the hot water cylinder
in
conjunction with an oil fired boiler if I desire (the hot water tank has two
primary coils one
for the rayburn and one for the oil fired boiler) This works nicely. The oil
fired boiler
does the central heating.

The rayburn circulation is done by gravity no pump involved. If I want to
allow
the rayburn to do some of the central heating (useful if the hot water
cylinder has
got fully hot) how could I integrate this into the central heating circuit.
Ideally I would like to continue to allow the rayburn to heat the water by
gravity and
have a pump cut in once the hot water is hot to circulate the heat into the
central heating
the separate radiator circuit.

My question is how should I arrange my piping/valves from the rayburn to do
this?

Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:34:22 -0000, David Cawkwell wrote:

... how could I integrate this into the central heating circuit.

Dunsley Neutraliser. Though that may be a bit OTT with a 2 coil
cylinder. What you don't want is your Rayburn heated primary hot water
circulating through the oil boiler (it'll just act as big radiator
pumping heat up the flue...) or the oil boiler firing if there is
suffcient heat coming from the Rayburn.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cawkwell
[...]

Hi, I have inherited a house in which the input pipe from the rayburn to the hot water cylinder, was tapped into with a T connector and went via a pump round the radiators and back into the return, once again via a T connector. The pump was wired with a thermostat control attached to the cylinder, which would turn the pump on when the cylinder hit the required temperature. I've attached a snapshot.

How this could be combined with the oil fired c/heating, I'll have to leave for someone with a little more knowledge than myself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg current-heating-picture-opt.jpg (24.7 KB, 392 views)

central heating probs mark UK diy 3 October 20th 03 11:35 AM
Oil-fired central heating control? Frances UK diy 1 October 2nd 03 10:57 AM
No central heating - HW only threewayvalve and tank therm John UK diy 7 September 29th 03 09:18 AM
Pool water in central heating system Andy Hall UK diy 1 September 2nd 03 05:01 PM
Further to my last post entitled 'Flushing and treating central heating question' David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 July 29th 03 07:15 PM