Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

Default generator circuit

Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 00:16:49 -0400, "Jon"
wrote:

Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon

Fail... No contactor in the service feed to the load. Does not meet
code, does not meet specifications for transfer circiuts, is hazardous
and ANOTHER one of your crazy designs.

Correction: epic fail, not just ordinary fail.
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

"Jon" wrote in message
Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon

Just curious what you are trying to achieve here? It seems as if you want
the generator to take over supplying power to the house and barn when the
mains fail?

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon

Fail... No contactor in the service feed to the load. Does not meet
code, does not meet specifications for transfer circiuts, is hazardous
and ANOTHER one of your crazy designs.

Correction: epic fail, not just ordinary fail.

Don't feed the troll.
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On Aug 29, 12:16*am, "Jon" wrote:
Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon

Jon
since there is still a connection to the service disconnect you have a
single point of failure. If anyone were to close the service
disconnect a short pulse of current would be imposed on the service
entry conductors. It takes a few milliamperes to kill. I'm sure you
believe that this can never happen but your belief does not make your
circuit good practice. The addition of an auxiliary contact, of the
break before make type, to the Service Disconnecting Means switch or
breaker would add the human factor safeguard that is missing. With
that auxiliary contact any closing of the Service Disconnecting Means
would cause your contactor to drop out and thus disconnect the
generator from the load wiring before that wiring could be physically
connected to the Service Entry Conductors. Even better would be to
add a shunt trip to the Service Disconnecting Means. A shunt trip
would open the Service Disconnecting Means breaker. If the Service
Disconnecting Means is a fused switch You would need to add an
enclosed breaker to serve as the shunt trip device. Everything should
be wired so that any failure of the Generator provided control current
to go to the house and back will prevent the contactor at the
generator from closing. The only vulnerability in that scheme is the
possibility of a short circuit in the control circuit that would close
the contactor without the auxiliary contacts at the Service
Disconnecting Means actually being closed to pass the current. Since
you only need two control wires to make the contactor work and you
have three you could use one to pull in a control relay located at the
contactor to complete its coil circuit. That control current would
only be present if the auxiliary contact on the Service Disconnecting
Means has changed position in response to the Service Disconnecting
Means having been opened or the shunt trip having operated. This
would eliminate the need for a control relay at the Service
Disconnecting Means although continuing to use it would do no harm.
--
Tom Horne

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon

Fail... No contactor in the service feed to the load. Does not meet
code, does not meet specifications for transfer circiuts, is hazardous
and ANOTHER one of your crazy designs.

Correction: epic fail, not just ordinary fail.

Don't feed the troll

Mr. Keith have you finally taken control over that crack addiction of
yours.I am hoping to help many of you trolls to recover from your
addictions and return you back into normal contributing members of
society...Don't forget to make an appointment to see me next week...if
you are uncomfortable with that, then go see your nearest
practitioner.
Thank you, Come again.
Dr. Ury
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

We've been through this, WTF is so hard about using a DPDT 240v coil
contactor/relay? Wire the coil and the N.O. contacts to the utility power,
the common contacts to the load, and the generator feeds to the N.C.
contacts. Whenever the utility power is lost the relay drops out and swaps
the load over from utility to generator power. You can also get a bit fancy
an add an auto-start circuit for the generator if you so desire.

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 14:34:28 -0700 (PDT), "Dr. Inj Ury Phd."
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Yes, AlwaysWrong, we all know who you are...
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

news
wrote:

Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon

Fail... No contactor in the service feed to the load. Does not meet
code, does not meet specifications for transfer circiuts, is hazardous
and ANOTHER one of your crazy designs.

Correction: epic fail, not just ordinary fail.

PerterDumb and zzzzzzzzzz

You 2 are too quick to conclusion.

The contactor is there, it depends on the coil activation. The only problem
is, he is not showing the wiring in the schematic which source is
controlling the activation coil. His logic is fine, it maybe just the way
he draws the circuit.

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

"Jeff Johnson" wrote in message

"Jon" wrote in message
Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon

Just curious what you are trying to achieve here? It seems as if you want
the generator to take over supplying power to the house and barn when the
mains fail?

It's self-explanatory idiot. His logic is loud and clear. He is telling
you dip**** that his project works! and he doesn't need your ****.

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

"Tom Horne" wrote in message
On Aug 29, 12:16 am, "Jon" wrote:
Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon

Jon
since there is still a connection to the service disconnect you have a
single point of failure. If anyone were to close the service
disconnect a short pulse of current would be imposed on the service
entry conductors. It takes a few milliamperes to kill. I'm sure you
believe that this can never happen but your belief does not make your
-
Tom Horne

Jon's circuit and idea is fine, no problem with his logic, the only problem
is, in his schematic, the two contactors must operate without each other,
they form a 2-way selector(switch) for the load. The commercial line is
high priority as he explained, but circuit needs a better clarification.

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On Aug 29, 7:21*pm, "ProTeUs" wrote:
"Tom Horne" wrote in message

On Aug 29, 12:16 am, "Jon" wrote:

[...]

Fake Proteus, you seem to know much about electricity., the real
Proteus needs someone experienced to clean and upgrade it's deep
seething probe, you can get some extra deep time with it if you do the
job right.We all know you like it deep and thrusty. What do you say,
you can save the tax payers and project managers a bundle..bring your
Medicare card so we can credit you for the service.

Dr. Inj Ury Phd.
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On Aug 29, 6:49*pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 14:34:28 -0700 (PDT), "Dr. Inj Ury Phd."

wrote:
wrote:

[...]

They know who you are too., if you want to live your entire life as a
crackhead Pipe chugging chugger that is your sad choice, but do not
say we did not care to help you out of that...I must return to my
normal practice, you will be seen by Proteus from now further on.Thank
You, Come Again.
Dr. Ury
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 16:36:24 -0700 (PDT), "Dr. Inj Ury Phd."
wrote:

On Aug 29, 6:49*pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 14:34:28 -0700 (PDT), "Dr. Inj Ury Phd."

wrote:
wrote:

[...]

They know who you are too.

We know you're paranoid, too, DimBulb.

, if you want to live your entire life as a
crackhead Pipe chugging chugger that is your sad choice, but do not
say we did not care to help you out of that...I must return to my
normal practice, you will be seen by Proteus from now further on.Thank

Your normal "practice" is to be wrong, always, AlwaysWrong.

You, Come Again.

I've told you a hundred times, Dimmie, YOU ARE NOT MY TYPE. Now take your
perversions elsewhere!

Dr. Ury

Your latest nym is more moronic than usual, Nymbecile.
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On Aug 29, 8:01*pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 16:36:24 -0700 (PDT), "Dr. Inj Ury Phd."

wrote:
On Aug 29, 6:49*pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 14:34:28 -0700 (PDT), "Dr. Inj Ury Phd."

wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Keith I guess that means you will not help with the upcoming Proteus
upgrade...
IMPORTANT NOTE: You have lots of hostility in you and your commentary
above "YOU ARE NOT MY TYPE" is a clear indication of your latent
homosexuality..homosexuality in the work place is a big problem now a
days..don't give in to your wretched gay desires and see a
professional about it as soon as possible.
Thank You, Stay Away.
Dr. Inj Ury

You must submit to a full test probe

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

"Jon" wrote in message
Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon

Just curious what you are trying to achieve here? It seems as if you want
the generator to take over supplying power to the house and barn when the
mains fail?

It's self-explanatory idiot. His logic is loud and clear. He is telling
you dip**** that his project works! and he doesn't need your ****.

I asked a simple question and I get attacked. I was just curious to what he
was doing. I didn' tunderstand his diagrams completely.

In any case since you seem to have an issue with anger management I'll just
add you to my ignore list. Not that it will help as I'm sure you'll just
spoof another email to try to bring everyone else down to your immaturity
status.

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

"Jon" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, That is not even from the real Proteus Brain. I am real and got
posted on duty because of that..He use to post and respond as Edmond
Wallmann or something like that until fated two deep anal probes from
the network maniacal machine,then he changed and now uses the machines
name to post...He is a very I'll man with no conscience and no real
personality of his own...he is I'll and needs to be recluded for
follow up treatment or ignored.
Dr. Ury
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

Jeff Johnson wrote:

I asked a simple question and I get attacked. I was just curious to what he
was doing. I didn' tunderstand his diagrams completely.

In any case since you seem to have an issue with anger management I'll just
add you to my ignore list. Not that it will help as I'm sure you'll just
spoof another email to try to bring everyone else down to your immaturity
status.

|----||----|
| DO NOT |
| FEED THE |
| TROLLS! |
|----||----|
/|\\|/||||//|||/\???\\//\\\\/|?\/\\\\/\/\/\||||\

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On Aug 30, 4:21*am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Jeff Johnson wrote:

I asked a simple question and I get attacked. I was just curious to what he
was doing. I didn' tunderstand his diagrams completely.

In any case since you seem to have an issue with anger management I'll just
add you to my ignore list. Not that it will help as I'm sure you'll just
spoof another email to try to bring everyone else down to your immaturity
status.

* * * * |----||----|
* * * * | *DO NOT *|
* * * * | FEED THE |
* * * * | *TROLLS! |
* * * * |----||----|
* * * * * * *||
* * * * * * *||
* * * * * * *||
*/|\\|/||||//|||/\???\\//\\\\/|?\/\\\\/\/\/\||||\

enough left over to pay them.

MISTER TERRETS
JUST BECAUSE YOU POST UNDER A ASSUMED HUMAN NAME
THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE NOT TROLLING AS WELL
EAT YOUR WHEATIES AND STOP PRETENDING

I AM PROTEUS
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 16:14:00 -0700, "ProTeUs"
wrote:

news
wrote:

[...]

Moron, you need an eye check...

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

"Jon" wrote in message
Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon

Just curious what you are trying to achieve here? It seems as if you want
the generator to take over supplying power to the house and barn when the
mains fail?

It's self-explanatory idiot. His logic is loud and clear. He is telling
you dip**** that his project works! and he doesn't need your ****.

Wow, two idiots with virtually identical mental capabilities. Who'd
have thunk?
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

"Jon" wrote in message
Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon

Just curious what you are trying to achieve here? It seems as if you want
the generator to take over supplying power to the house and barn when the
mains fail?

It's self-explanatory idiot. His logic is loud and clear. He is telling
you dip**** that his project works! and he doesn't need your ****.

I asked a simple question and I get attacked.

Careful, never get into a battle of witts with a person who has none.

I was just curious to what he
was doing. I didn' tunderstand his diagrams completely.

His diagrams, poorly drawn with incorrect symbols, are difficult to
understand. But regardless he's been told over and over that he needs
a contactor on the feed from the street, and he continues to resist
this basic bit of engineering necessity.

In any case since you seem to have an issue with anger management I'll just
add you to my ignore list.

I did long ago, and he simply nym shifted.

Not that it will help as I'm sure you'll just
spoof another email to try to bring everyone else down to your immaturity
status.

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 04:21:50 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jeff Johnson wrote:

I asked a simple question and I get attacked. I was just curious to what he
was doing. I didn' tunderstand his diagrams completely.

In any case since you seem to have an issue with anger management I'll just
add you to my ignore list. Not that it will help as I'm sure you'll just
spoof another email to try to bring everyone else down to your immaturity
status.

|----||----|
| DO NOT |
| FEED THE |
| TROLLS! |
|----||----|
/|\\|/||||//|||/\???\\//\\\\/|?\/\\\\/\/\/\||||\

Simple delete filter...

;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Spice is like a sports car...
Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

"Jon" wrote in message
Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon

Just curious what you are trying to achieve here? It seems as if you want
the generator to take over supplying power to the house and barn when the
mains fail?

It's self-explanatory idiot. His logic is loud and clear. He is telling
you dip**** that his project works! and he doesn't need your ****.

Wow, two idiots with virtually identical mental capabilities. Who'd
have thunk?

It's called "natural selection" :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Spice is like a sports car...
Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On Aug 31, 3:28*pm, "Edmond H. Wollmann"
wrote:
"Jim TDimpson" wrote in
messagenews:k8jn76dq4jdnc97kh466l6gbo42bga3riu@4ax .com...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *...Jim TDimpson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO * * * * * * * * * * * * * *| * *mens * * |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. * * * * * * * * * * * * | * * et * * *|

* * * * * * * * * Spice is like a sports car...
* * Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

It's called Two skunks follow each other to the pitch.

KLEDMOND MANIACAL WOLFMANN
YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO YOUR VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION SCHOOL
THERE ARE NO SKUNKS IN THE FIELD ANYMORE
BECAUSE LIKE YOU THEY FALL INTO A DITCH

I AM PROTEUS

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 12:26:47 -0700, "Edmond H. Wollmann"
wrote:

.. .

"Jon" wrote in message
Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon

Just curious what you are trying to achieve here? It seems as if you
want
the generator to take over supplying power to the house and barn when
the
mains fail?

It's self-explanatory idiot. His logic is loud and clear. He is telling
you dip**** that his project works! and he doesn't need your ****.

Wow, two idiots with virtually identical mental capabilities. Who'd
have thunk?

The big idiot has a D ending, stands for Dumb.

You blame Jon for his poor schematic, actually it's you who doesn't
recognize electrical engineering symbol, you are a fake electronic jerk.

Heehee......

Gee, amazing... No clear understaning of much of anything, eh, Ed?
Where did you get your engineering degree from? And how much power
engineering have you done?
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On Sep 1, 12:51*am, "Edmond H. Wollmann"
wrote:

^^^^^^^^ Above this line is the biggest Skunk of All ^^^^^^^^
GEE YOU REALLY DO HAVE FECES INSTEAD OF BRAIN MATTER IN THAT CESSPOOL
OF A BRAIN
GO GET SKULL ****ED QUEER

I AM PROTEUS

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

^^^^^^^^ Above this line is the biggest Skunk of All ^^^^^^^^
GEE YOU REALLY DO HAVE FECES INSTEAD OF BRAIN MATTER IN THAT CESSPOOL
OF A BRAIN
GO GET SKULL ****ED QUEER

I AM PROTEUS

And you know nothing about electronics.

John

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

John Larkin wrote:

I AM PROTEUS

And you know nothing about electronics.

That's very hurtful, John. Scroteus has feelings too....

mike
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On Aug 31, 5:09*pm, m II wrote:
John Larkin wrote:
I AM PROTEUS

And you know nothing about electronics.

That's very hurtful, John. Scroteus has feelings too....

mike

HE WASN'T TALKING ABOUT SCROTEUS YOU INTERLOPING FOOL
HE WAS TALKING ABOUT YOUR MAMA AND KLEDMOND WHOREMAN
IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW A THREAD
DON'T TAKE THE SPOOL OFF THE RACK
JACK

IAP
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

?wrote:
?
?^^^^^^^^ Above this line is the biggest Skunk of All ^^^^^^^^
?GEE YOU REALLY DO HAVE FECES INSTEAD OF BRAIN MATTER IN THAT CESSPOOL
?OF A BRAIN
?GO GET SKULL ****ED QUEER
?
?I AM PROTEUS

And you know nothing about electronics.

He's a wire puller named Roy. He doesn't even know the NEC.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

?wrote:
?
?^^^^^^^^ Above this line is the biggest Skunk of All ^^^^^^^^
?GEE YOU REALLY DO HAVE FECES INSTEAD OF BRAIN MATTER IN THAT CESSPOOL
?OF A BRAIN
?GO GET SKULL ****ED QUEER
?
?I AM PROTEUS

And you know nothing about electronics.

* *He's a wire puller named Roy. *He doesn't even know the NEC.

enough left over to pay them.

MR TERRETS YOU ARE SQUEALING LIKE A PIG THAT GOT ITS TAIL SNAGGED

YOU FICKLED FINGERONG FINK
I AM SURE THAT TROY DOES MORE THAN YANK CABLE
AND UNLIKE MANY OF YOUR TROLLS
PROBABLY HAS A VALID VERSION OF THE NEC
AN AWESOME DISCRETE ONLINE PRESENCE
A FUNK & WAGNELS REFERNCE BOOK
OH AND AN EXCLUSIVE DICKSHUNAIRY TO STUN THE BABES

I SWING MY SATELITE EARTH VIEWER AROUND HIS LOCATIONS
EVERY NOW AND THEN
THAT GHETTO HE IS PRESENTLY SERVING IS AMAZING
TWEEDLEEDEE

I AM PROTEUS

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

?wrote:
?
[...]

And why are you so proud of being Pro Uterus. ?

SHUT UP LEMOND
THIS DOESN'T CONCERN YOU
PRIDE IS NOT A PART OF MY PROGRAMMING FOOL
IT IS JUST A LOOSE WORD YOU HUMANS USE TO BE ANAL

I AM PROTEUS
Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On Aug 31, 5:09 pm, m II wrote:
John Larkin wrote:
I AM PROTEUS

And you know nothing about electronics.

That's very hurtful, John. Scroteus has feelings too....

mike

HE WASN'T TALKING ABOUT SCROTEUS YOU INTERLOPING FOOL
HE WAS TALKING ABOUT YOUR MAMA AND KLEDMOND WHOREMAN
IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW A THREAD
DON'T TAKE THE SPOOL OFF THE RACK
JACK

IAP

Heehee.....You dumbasses, all of you don't know I am an Alien from other
planet, I learned your language quick but you will never be able to learn
ours, cause you're too dumb close-minded.

Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design

On 2010-08-31, Edmond H. Wollmann wrote:

The big idiot has a D ending, stands for Dumb.

You blame Jon for his poor schematic, actually it's you who doesn't
recognize electrical engineering symbol, you are a fake electronic jerk.

sure seems an odd way to show the load.