Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design
Rich. Rich. is offline

Default generator circuit

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 00:16:49 -0400, "Jon"
wrote:

Hi,

I just completed wiring and testing my circuit.

* no backfeed from the generator into the grid
* generator is disconnected from the load when service is on
* generator is disconnected from the load when service disconnect is on

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

We've been through this, WTF is so hard about using a DPDT 240v coil
contactor/relay? Wire the coil and the N.O. contacts to the utility power,
the common contacts to the load, and the generator feeds to the N.C.
contacts. Whenever the utility power is lost the relay drops out and swaps
the load over from utility to generator power. You can also get a bit fancy
an add an auto-start circuit for the generator if you so desire.