Default Nokia Monitor 446XS Mysterious standby problem

I have this Nokia 446Xs monitor that has worked great since I got it,
but recently it started going into standby mode (i think) for no
apparent reason. The screen will go black and the light will turn from
green to orange, but even when you unplug the monitor cable from the
computer, you don't get an error message saying that that there is no
signal and the cable is not connected like normal. I have tried it on
two other computers and it does the same. I have the power settings on
always on, never shut off and it still turns off. I have searched all
the monitor settings, looking for a powersave option, but have not
found one. This is a big mystery to me so if anyone out there has any
ideas, I'd be glead to try something else. Thanks

Jerry G.

The power supply is being shut down, because it is going in to protect mode.
There is something failing in the monitor, and thus the protection function
is coming on.

The monitor will have to be properly serviced. There may be fault occurring
in the scan circuits, high voltage section, or the protection circuit
itself. It is also possible that the picture tube has a fault, and thus
triggering the protection function. There is also a possibility that
something else in one of the video circuits is failing, and also triggering
the protection circuits.

If the monitor is more than about 4 to 5 years old, I would be looking to
replace it, rather than to invest any money in to it. If it has a lot of
hours on it, there is the possibility that there will be more faults in a
short time.

--

Jerry G.
=====

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have this Nokia 446Xs monitor that has worked great since I got it,
but recently it started going into standby mode (i think) for no
apparent reason. The screen will go black and the light will turn from
green to orange, but even when you unplug the monitor cable from the
computer, you don't get an error message saying that that there is no
signal and the cable is not connected like normal. I have tried it on
two other computers and it does the same. I have the power settings on
always on, never shut off and it still turns off. I have searched all
the monitor settings, looking for a powersave option, but have not
found one. This is a big mystery to me so if anyone out there has any
ideas, I'd be glead to try something else. Thanks

Standby problem Belinea 108020 pc-monitor John Schuursma Electronics 3 July 12th 04 10:21 PM
more info RCA TV CTC169(BG5) Wont come out of standby - Ticking sound when Power button is pressed Electronics Repair 3 September 25th 03 01:29 AM
Sony Model KV-27V10 standby power problem Ron Novini Electronics Repair 0 August 9th 03 09:03 PM
problem seamus Electronics Repair 1 July 25th 03 02:50 AM
Nokia Eurostereo 2B-F chassis: vertical IC problem yaumars Electronics Repair 1 July 16th 03 03:31 PM